Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just finished up my hid lights high and low beam,very bright:cool: also re-located my front Bladder.got things tore apart getting ready to run a ground from the battery to the frame using 12 gauge wire,a trick Bi-Polar Jim did when he run the Baja 1000 for articcat.The factory ground just goes from battery to side case.:)

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks,that was Desertcats/seths Idea,and I seen outwest/shanes mounted so I copied.great place to mount them.:)

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
I've found that the ground circuit on low voltage systems is often overlooked, or not considered when adding accessories. Good idea to add additional grounding points. Keeps everything working as it should! Now your making me start another project, Nice looking install!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RD

·
Registered
561 Posts
you did a nicer job that I did. All I did is tywrap it to the font post.:D
you have way too many toys in your garage. I could use that tractor you got. tell you what I'll store it for free.:cool: LOL

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you did a nicer job that I did. All I did is tywrap it to the font post.:D
you have way too many toys in your garage. I could use that tractor you got. tell you what I'll store it for free.:cool: LOL
I try to tell the wife,never enough toys.look who's talking new wildcat,nice sled,and who knows what else.IT took a while but its all paid for well except for my newest honda,4 more months on it.you only live once.:D.....thanks for the complement.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
battery ground

wanted to let every one know grounding the battery to the frame does the trick,before my oil and temp gauge needles used to flicker some when I give it some throttle now they dont,and the factory tach dont jump around anymore,and on the gauges I even had the sending units grounded to the frame.:):):)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Wherein the frame did you ground it? Multiple points or just one? I'm asking as I'm considering an 8 point distribution block on my 68 toy, to ensure there are no ground issues anywhere once I start replacing harnesses. Debating a ground block on the kitten as well, although its likely overkill. As usual .... :)

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Like DE3 said, more grounds are needed. I've had problems with electric gauges in the past due to poor grounding. I don't think you can ever overkill a ground system!!!!!!!!!!RD

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wherein the frame did you ground it? Multiple points or just one? I'm asking as I'm considering an 8 point distribution block on my 68 toy, to ensure there are no ground issues anywhere once I start replacing harnesses. Debating a ground block on the kitten as well, although its likely overkill. As usual .... :)
I left my factory ground,and added one from the battery to the frame,and also grounded my volt gauge to frame,like I said in a earlier post by doing the extra grounding my gauges dont flicker anymore when I give it the gas.:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts