Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 2006 Arctic Cat Prowler and have taken it out twice so far. HUnting last year and lately the Crown King run. I noticed a few times I would lose high gear and it would take a little while to get it back into gear. Is this my belt slipping? It makes a clicking noise when going back in to gear. Any help would be appreciated. Also is there any groups out here in Mesa Arizona that get together for weekend trail rides? My wife and I want to start getting out more.

·
Registered
618 Posts
You need to adjust the shift linkage, easy to do.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Try adjusting the linkage. Since summer is nearing...we all will probably starting to head up north for some rides. Post up something and I am sure people will join.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I just bought an 2006 Arctic Cat Prowler and have taken it out twice so far. HUnting last year and lately the Crown King run. I noticed a few times I would lose high gear and it would take a little while to get it back into gear. Is this my belt slipping? It makes a clicking noise when going back in to gear. Any help would be appreciated. Also is there any groups out here in Mesa Arizona that get together for weekend trail rides? My wife and I want to start getting out more.
Ya know mine does the same thing, but only has 130 miles on it, and someone told me that my RPM's were to high. I lowered down the RPM's and seemed to get a "little" easier but still hard to get into diffrent gears. Wondering if my linkage needs adjusting too..
Howdo you know which way to adjust it?

·
Registered
656 Posts
you might also want to check your console. Mine somehow slipped down and was putting pressure on the shifter causing it to come out of high.

·
Registered
618 Posts
All I did to adjust mine was loosen up the linkage, put the machine in neutral then find a spot where there was no pressure, tighten up and check it. Got it the first time and haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just had the same I jack it up pulled the cal removed the locking washer on the shift arm at the motor shifted with the arm matching placement of gear selector found it took 3 turns on the linkage to match the sift arm on motor no more problem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts