Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to haul my sons little Honda crf50 dirtbike with us when we take the prowler out. I was thinking of a hitch hauler but all the ones built for motorcycles come straight out from the hitch. I need something that comes out then angles up so I won't get hung up or bang the hauler on something when doing light wheeling in the prowler. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
this would be a piece O cake for any fab shop or an individual who has a few skills with a welder

·
Registered
193 Posts
do you have a 4 seat cage, there not very heavy throw it in the bed? i used to throw mine in the bed of my silverado..

·
Registered
68 Posts
maybe a small utility trailer, and flip a drop hitch upside down to raise it. or have someone rework it if your not comfortable flipping it upside down

Attachments

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do you have a 4 seat cage, there not very heavy throw it in the bed? i used to throw mine in the bed of my silverado..
I do have 4 seats so not much room in the prowler bed. I'm going shoppping for one this saturday but if I don't find anything at the stores i'm going to order something like this: 2" HITCH MOUNT CARGO CARRIER LUGGAGE BASKET HAULER NEW - eBay (item 140511101691 end time Feb-17-11 18:01:27 PST)

And weld in some extra bracing as needed. Most of the ones i've looked at come straight out from the hitch and that doesn't give much ground clearance, but this one on ebay has a 5'' riser.With the kids in the back seat i'm thinking I might need to put it in the front receiver to balance out the weight.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
maybe a small utility trailer, and flip a drop hitch upside down to raise it. or have someone rework it if your not comfortable flipping it upside down
I actually considered a small trailer but we somtimes explore some trails that require backing out of if they get to tight or rough.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
they also make them "for the Jeep guys" look at jeep / four wheel supply places .. saw one once that was about mid tailgate on a CJ that was a manufactured one. .. but sorry don't remember who made it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cabela's sells a hitch haul that angles up to provide clearance and just a bar, which would be a good starting point to build your own.

You can find them both out on the Cabela's site.

Due to stupid rules that I can only post links after 15 posts I am unable to post you a direct link.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Nice find nater! I think I may order one of those for carrying the cooler for cookouts.. be a good platform for my bbq too with a flat surface attached.. thanks for sharing that..

M

·
Registered
56 Posts
They had an automotive one for 89 bucks, built a little stronger. I don't remeber if it had a riser though..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts