Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
it doesnt look that deep to me.its only sank to the frame. in a deep hole you can only see the top of the steering wheel.hahaha:D
I was passenger in my friends Teryx and I think the water would have been at the wheel if we went any further.

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
My buddies lost a few rides to the river below Crown King last winter thinkin it wasnt that deep amd had no choice but to cross since they were trapped and the water was rising fast. heres a pic If ya look close thats a brand new at the time RZR gordon 4 and a RZR. and a teryx

·
Registered
338 Posts
I remember you posting this up Todd. Didn't you have a video of it?
I might have some Video, Yeah that was a fucked up ride, Chris Dillon came to the rescue with his Huey Helicopter and got everyone out and they left them all in the river for over a week than god they were all ok.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Heres Some Video of one ride a week before the Bad week. My Brother Brent in his fully modded Teryx he was not happy with this at all.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Heres a video of the crew assymbled to go rescue the toys heading through some of the crossings a week later and that jeep of Tims is snorkeled and turning 42'' tires , thats some deep water.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yeah they were screwed when they were like 7 crossings up the water came up over a foot and they stqrted going back but it was coming up to fast. Just bad timing.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Heres Some Video of one ride a week before the Bad week. My Brother Brent in his fully modded Teryx he was not happy with this at all.
YouTube - Crown king 2010
they make these really cool things call a winch that goes on the front. not to be confused with a wench the rides shotgun. where we live you dont leave the dealership without one! the tyrex that was nuking his belt off shoulda had one,along with everyone else in that kinda terrain. i know you dune guys are weight sensitive but one should always keep their means of rescue and recovery in mind.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I know some of them-thar fellas! Thats Dave Miller of Liftedtrucks.com and his service manager Brent. Think I hear Mike's voice - one of the salesman. Great guys! Sorry I didnt know they was a-coming up to CK so i could show them around... but looking at the video and Brent's driving technique - I doubt they made.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts