Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
I have posted this before just wondering if anyone else has an idea. my xtz 1000 the exhaust pipe and muffler get extremely hot, hot enough that you cant hardly toudh the floor of the bed. any ideas would be greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
they did install extra heat sheilds, Wrapping it would be the obvious, I agree

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all the heat shields are on the wrap could work. i talked with a mech at a nearby dealership and was going to call Ac tech at main dealer for some help, one of the other guys suggested it may be running lein, i dont know i guess ill hurry up and wait.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Any time you have a stainless exhaust the radiant temps are a lot lower.The stainless does not tranfer heat as easily as mild steel.If you ever watch some dyno runs with motors in dyno rooms and they shut off the lights there is a big difference in mild steel verses stainless.The mild steel glows a lot brighter faster.The stainless will glow too but not as bright and it takes longer.And of course you can have stainless coated too to get the temps down even further.
I would think that either of the two exhaust systems you questioned would be better than stock.I think if it was me though I would just double wrap them unless I wanted the aftermarket exhaust.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts