Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at a point that I have to ask. I did not get a manual with mine. I have been trying to download the full service manual from the sticky link, but I am getting only part downloaded before the window pops up saying the file is corrupt or broken.

I want to check my motor oil. I am at a loss to determine how? The only piece that caught my eye is a access plug on the driver side of the engine case that has a heavy copper washer on it (like an oil drain plug). However there is no dipstick on it.

How do I check my oil?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
PM me your email address, I'll send you a PDF file that has the owner's manual that you need.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I never got an owners manual when I bought mine either... I do have the service manual saved to my computer though. PM me your email and I will send off the service manual.

Darryl can you email me the owners manual for the XTZ? PM sent

·
Registered
106 Posts
Pull the center cover off, and I usually pull the driver seat out too. The dipstick is down low on the driver's side of the engine and if you look through the opening below the driver seat you'll see a yellow cap on the dipstick. It is not very long nor real convenient to get to in a hurry but that where it is.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I'll have to zip the file, it's over 32MB. But I'll get it sent off tomorrow from work.
What lethal5pt7 said is right, it's located on the rearmost driver's side of the engine. Yellow dipstick. The proper procedure for the XTZ is to unscrew the dipstick, wipe it clean, screw it back in all the way, then unscrew it and read it. Same as for the XTX.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Well, the file is wayyy toooo big to let me attach to email and even when I compress it, it's still too big. Does anyone know a good online file uploading service. Then I could upload the file to online and then you could download it.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
4WDCJ7 and amprice4, emails sent...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thanks Darryl!

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I finally found it! I haven't been able to get to it, yet, but I see it. I may have to take the battery out to get to it, or hire a flexible person with long arms, or just use an engine hoist to pull the motor whenever I need to check the level.

Thanks to all who posted and especially lethal5point7 for narrowing it down and Darryl89 for sending the manual.

As soon as I can, I'll take photos and host them for future reference.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
You can go to mymowerparts.com and download all manuals for arctic cat
Those are parts manuals on mymowerparts.com

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
A lot of people were getting them on there.And then someone said you could not anymore.I was just on their site again and they are available.I don't know maybe some times it works some times it does not.
When I went on mymower last night, all it listed for th AC was the parts manuals and it didn't want to download those..strange.
But an owners manual is on it's way to DesertCat.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well, the file is wayyy toooo big to let me attach to email and even when I compress it, it's still too big. Does anyone know a good online file uploading service. Then I could upload the file to online and then you could download it.
I also could use this service manual for the XTZ. I also tried downloading above and the file was corrupt. Could someone hook me up? [email protected]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts