Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A retaining ring clip....12.95 + 4.39 shipping $17.34 REALLY! I'm not sure who violated me the most, the shipping company or Arctic Cat! I can only shake my head! Unreal.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I think I paid about $11 for mine a year ago and picked it up at the dealer and saved the shipping. I wasn't worth a special trip to pick up so I waited until I had to take the wife shopping in the city to pick it up.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
A retaining ring clip....12.95 + 4.39 shipping $17.34 REALLY! I'm not sure who violated me the most, the shipping company or Arctic Cat! I can only shake my head! Unreal.

did they give you a kiss , 'cause the sure the hell F'ed you

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No kiss Gary!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I paid about $11 for mine a year ago and picked it up at the dealer and saved the shipping. I wasn't worth a special trip to pick up so I waited until I had to take the wife shopping in the city to pick it up.

I ordered the boot and straps from Lion Parts and they showed the clips included. The boot arrived on Saturday and of course, no clips! My local dealer is rude at best so I don't bother with them! I guess at that point AC had me by the short hairs so I just bit it! Still pisses me off. A stamp is only 50 cents. They wanted 4 bucks to ship it parcel post.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I ordered the boot and straps from Lion Parts and they showed the clips included. The boot arrived on Saturday and of course, no clips! My local dealer is rude at best so I don't bother with them! I guess at that point AC had me by the short hairs so I just bit it! Still pisses me off. A stamp is only 50 cents. They wanted 4 bucks to ship it parcel post.
Is that just the axle retaining clip? If so, **** I'da just sent you one for free. I got a wasted axle setting here on the shelf with a good clip.

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Part of the problem dealing with the AS Store. I tried to make an order for a dealer pickup, and the dealer near me is not on the approved list!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is that just the axle retaining clip? If so, **** I'da just sent you one for free. I got a wasted axle setting here on the shelf with a good clip.

Yes Sockman "only the clip"!!! I'd take that clip off ya if you could pop it in an envelope for me I'd be right appreciative! My old clip is twisted from when it popped the shaft out. I'd like to take a "good" clip to a parts store and see if I can find a match for the next time I need to do this job. Probably soon! I kind of expect the left side may get weak too. I'll send you an address by PM if that works for you :)

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Members helping members! Kinda Cool!~

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
No kiss Gary!

well damn , now see that's what I'm talking about no respect ... used to be when ya got screwed they'd give ya a good kiss

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
Country Cat is one of the good ones! Always received great service, and accurate orders from them! I live near Babbitts, and their counter help on AC parts is questionable at best! Always take a part number with me, or ask to use their computer for a look up.

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
I think I'll pull the clip off the axle I took out today and run it to Napa to see if I can get a small box of them. If they have it, I'll post the part number.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think I'll pull the clip off the axle I took out today and run it to Napa to see if I can get a small box of them. If they have it, I'll post the part number.

That's what I'm looking for Bryan!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Country Cat is one of the good ones! Always received great service, and accurate orders from them! I live near Babbitts, and their counter help on AC parts is questionable at best! Always take a part number with me, or ask to use their computer for a look up.

Country Cat has always been good to me. No service complaints, my beotch is the price of this clip!
INTERESTING FACT: THE REAR AXEL CLIP IS 2.99. Why?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm wondering, does anyone have a replacement part number for the rear wheel bearing on the XTZ 1000? AC bearing price is 28.00, again, I never been boink this many times in one week!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts

·
Administrator
7,221 Posts
2.99 for the clip is a bargain! Rear clip for my 09 700XTX is 12.95 from AC! I agree factory prices are steep!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
2.99 for the clip is a bargain! Rear clip for my 09 700XTX is 12.95 from AC! I agree factory prices are steep!
The rear inner clip is 2.99 at Country Cat, 12.97 for the clip in front! Makes no sense to me!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Outside wheel bearing part numbers

All Balls 25-1496 Automatic AB251496 Gamma 25-1496 KK 6700-872 Kimpex 206124 MTA AB25-1496 Marshall 12-8541 Matthies 7520466 Motovan 125-1496 Parts Canada 399485 Parts Unlimited 0215-0153 Thibault 237-201026 Tucker Rocky 41-3538 Western Power Sports 22-51496

1 - 20 of 25 Posts