Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Just curious as to how many of you Prowler guys have Intercom or 2-Way Radio set ups in their vehicles.

If you do, post up what you think of them and any pics if you got them!
None here to over priced!

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Just curious as to how many of you Prowler guys have Intercom or 2-Way Radio set ups in their vehicles.

If you do, post up what you think of them and any pics if you got them!
I have a nice Rugged set up that Matt sold me a year ago. Matt did a great job of promoting Rugged and it's products before he went to management. I hope you are planning on picking up where he left off. I have not been able to test it or use it because I have not done a ride yet where others have had the same set up. I have used the intercom portion with my passengers and it seems to work pretty well. Most of my friends run FRS/GMRS radios on a different band. Can I get an adapter cable that will allow me to run my Motorola Business Radio on FRS/GMRS through my Rugged stuff? If so let me know. Here are some pictures of my install. I still have to paint and powder coat etc.. I ran all radio cables through the roll cage. Pain in the ass that was!

Thanks

Todd

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RvRat: Glad to see your happy with the set up. That Lowrance is an excellent piece of equipment, saved my ass a few times!

Flying121: We do have the cable you need to hook up your Motorola GMRS/FRS radios. I bet routing those cables was a pain in the ass but well worth it in the end. They will probably last a lifetime. Lookin forward to seeing some pics after powder coat!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have a nice Rugged set up that Matt sold me a year ago. Matt did a great job of promoting Rugged and it's products before he went to management. I hope you are planning on picking up where he left off. I have not been able to test it or use it because I have not done a ride yet where others have had the same set up. I have used the intercom portion with my passengers and it seems to work pretty well. Most of my friends run FRS/GMRS radios on a different band. Can I get an adapter cable that will allow me to run my Motorola Business Radio on FRS/GMRS through my Rugged stuff? If so let me know. Here are some pictures of my install. I still have to paint and powder coat etc.. I ran all radio cables through the roll cage. Pain in the ass that was!

Thanks

Todd
Wow that looks awesome. I'm trying to get a plate made so I can put my HDS5 in the dash. Proving to be a little difficult. I like how you ran you cables in the tube, very nice. Nice gauges too.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Wow that looks awesome. I'm trying to get a plate made so I can put my HDS5 in the dash. Proving to be a little difficult. I like how you ran you cables in the tube, very nice. Nice gauges too.
Thanks RvRat it has been a long painful build.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
RvRat: Glad to see your happy with the set up. That Lowrance is an excellent piece of equipment, saved my ass a few times!

Flying121: We do have the cable you need to hook up your Motorola GMRS/FRS radios. I bet routing those cables was a pain in the ass but well worth it in the end. They will probably last a lifetime. Lookin forward to seeing some pics after powder coat!
I will contact you to get the cable. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Hey Andy, its me Rick aka Hapa aka GlamisProwler

And yes I run all your stuff in my rhino and Prowler, Matt gave me a great deal and knows me well.

The car to car is the best, the music through the headsets with the auto dim volume is awesome. Like I said on the other forum it saved my but a couple times in the dunes last Saturday night. lol

I do need a couple push to talks for my passengers and I want the new digital sound canceling chips.

Guys if you have not tried the car to car radio's they are really nice, my kids love being able to talk back and forth from the vehicles especially on a long run. the headsets also cancel most outside noise, again nice on long hauls with lots of exhaust noise

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Andy, its me Rick aka Hapa aka GlamisProwler

And yes I run all your stuff in my rhino and Prowler, Matt gave me a great deal and knows me well.

The car to car is the best, the music through the headsets with the auto dim volume is awesome. Like I said on the other forum it saved my but a couple times in the dunes last Saturday night. lol

I do need a couple push to talks for my passengers and I want the new digital sound canceling chips.

Guys if you have not tried the car to car radio's they are really nice, my kids love being able to talk back and forth from the vehicles especially on a long run. the headsets also cancel most outside noise, again nice on long hauls with lots of exhaust noise
Thanks Hapa! Yea Matt has clued me in on Hapa and the Cat lolll. I actually swang by during SSSS. You out at Pismo for the 4th? maybe you can swing by the shop tomorrow and pick up those PTT's and DSP chip

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
I wont be at Pismo this year:mad: But i will hit you with a pm for my address and CC, You can send the push to talks anytime.

I need to pull the radios and send them to you for the noise cancel thing right?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wont be at Pismo this year:mad: But i will hit you with a pm for my address and CC, You can send the push to talks anytime.

I need to pull the radios and send them to you for the noise cancel thing right?
all you need to do is send us the intercom not the radio. ill be lookin out for that PM

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have a 2 place intercom that Matt set me up with about 1 and a half years ago. I'd consider it the best money I've spent on the prowler.

·
Registered
34 Posts
How much is a 2 headset intercom setup like Amprice has?

How much is a 4 headset system?

Just want to be able to drowned out the noise, talk to my passenger, and run an iPod through it.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts

Just want to be able to drowned out the noise, talk to my passenger, and run an iPod through it.
Call up Rugged Radios and tell them you are a Prowlertalk forum member and they will give you a price with the discount.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Hey how are you? the Rugged 660-2P kit with your forum discount will run $629.00.

The 660-4P kit would run you $945.00

Both of these kit would work great with your IPOD set-up.

If you have any questions please feel free to call or just post up. Thank you.

Call up Rugged Radios and tell them you are a Prowlertalk forum member and they will give you a price with the discount.

Thanks for the referral.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
flying 121 what kinda guage cluster/dash do you have it looks awesome and what gauges are on it. Thanks Jim
Thank you. It is made from a small sheet of aluminum and the gauges are auto meter sport comp digital. The aluminum plate that houses my Rugged radio stuff is made from them and it's for a Rhino but it works.

Auto Meter

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Hey how are you? the Rugged 660-2P kit with your forum discount will run $629.00.

The 660-4P kit would run you $945.00

Both of these kit would work great with your IPOD set-up.

If you have any questions please feel free to call or just post up. Thank you.
Are these upgradable for car to car?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts