Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have alot of miles on my 07 650 H1 and have not adjusted the valves or even checked them. :eek: It runs great, no noticable engine noise change, spark plug is clean. Maybe it is time to check them. Do the valves tend to loosen or tighten? Like I said in a previous thread, I have 5000 miles on my Prowler and it runs the same as when I bought it brand new.;)

·
Registered
733 Posts
They can go either way. Sometimes they tighten and sometimes they get loose. I say every 1000 miles for a check.
Is it costly to get them checked at the dealer?

·
Registered
733 Posts
If you are gonna pay a dealer to do it go with what the manual says. If you can do it yourself personally I would check em every 1000 miles.
If I knew how I would.. :confused: guess I'll just hafta trust this one to dealer.. lol

·
Registered
2,681 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have alot of miles on my 07 650 H1 and have not adjusted the valves or even checked them. :eek: It runs great, no noticable engine noise change, spark plug is clean. Maybe it is time to check them. Do the valves tend to loosen or tighten? Like I said in a previous thread, I have 5000 miles on my Prowler and it runs the same as when I bought it brand new.;)
5000 miles wow that is great and also good to hear

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the responses. I will have to do a valve clearance inspection after our Memorial day weekend ride.
We have 3 Prowlers and one Rino this trip. We will be visiting the Desert Riders Memorial and exploring the petroglyphs in the surrounding area.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
You are looking like a spammer. So here is your chance to prove me wrong.
Well I love My two Cats and I wont feed them that junky food anyway!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts