Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

How often do you adjust your valves?

10K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Joes5091 
#1 ·
I have alot of miles on my 07 650 H1 and have not adjusted the valves or even checked them. :eek: It runs great, no noticable engine noise change, spark plug is clean. Maybe it is time to check them. Do the valves tend to loosen or tighten? Like I said in a previous thread, I have 5000 miles on my Prowler and it runs the same as when I bought it brand new.;)

#3 ·
Is it costly to get them checked at the dealer?

#6 ·
If I knew how I would.. :confused: guess I'll just hafta trust this one to dealer.. lol

#9 ·
I have alot of miles on my 07 650 H1 and have not adjusted the valves or even checked them. :eek: It runs great, no noticable engine noise change, spark plug is clean. Maybe it is time to check them. Do the valves tend to loosen or tighten? Like I said in a previous thread, I have 5000 miles on my Prowler and it runs the same as when I bought it brand new.;)
5000 miles wow that is great and also good to hear

#11 ·
Thanks for the responses. I will have to do a valve clearance inspection after our Memorial day weekend ride.
We have 3 Prowlers and one Rino this trip. We will be visiting the Desert Riders Memorial and exploring the petroglyphs in the surrounding area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.