Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as for posting as much as I do.. so heres the question ;; do I post to much or does this forum only have a handfull of members and not much response ? ,,or is it that not many members reply ever on here?

Not to compare for reasons to change this forum as I am not into that I can assure you ,,but to get my point across as to my question let me put it this way.

I belong to a truck forum that has around 50,000 members and I have no idea how many use the forum on a daily basis and I know not even 1/20 of 50,000 but what I notice is that most all posts get replies at a ratio of about 10%.. so I was just wondering why so many on here only get a nibble most of the time..

Again ,not complaining,,just asking to learn something from the people who have been on here from the get go.. thanks for any feedback .. and I want you to know I appreciate what you all have here as it is ,,and maybe it's I just like BS'n more...LOL GP:)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like any forum you have your members that are on here all the time and others that come on when they need something. Keep the questions and comments coming. I find the search bar helps alot getting me to a post that has the same question I had.

A lot more truck owners than prowler owners GP. Sometimes this site is a little slow and others not so slow. A lot of guys on this forum are like me getting ready for the dunes for t-day right now. So not much time for prowlertalk right now.

Thanks for the answers guys ,,glad I didn't offend ya all for asking.. have a good one ,,GP

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
as for posting as much as I do.. so heres the question ;; do I post to much or does this forum only have a handfull of members and not much response ? ,,or is it that not many members reply ever on here?

Not to compare for reasons to change this forum as I am not into that I can assure you ,,but to get my point across as to my question let me put it this way.

I belong to a truck forum that has around 50,000 members and I have no idea how many use the forum on a daily basis and I know not even 1/20 of 50,000 but what I notice is that most all posts get replies at a ratio of about 10%.. so I was just wondering why so many on here only get a nibble most of the time..

Again ,not complaining,,just asking to learn something from the people who have been on here from the get go.. thanks for any feedback .. and I want you to know I appreciate what you all have here as it is ,,and maybe it's I just like BS'n more...LOL GP:)
I post and reply when I know the answer, I am new to UTVS, Also I post when I find something for the Arctic Cat when I find it at a better price than the UTV norm. I have had a Yamaha Grizzly 660 atv and a Mustang Drag car.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I am sure most of the users online here are like you needing answers about their UTV's. To alot of us these are new, so there is probably a more limited knowledge base here compared other forum types. Stick with us, the more we work on these things the smarter we will get. Feel free to BS too.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am sure most of the users online here are like you needing answers about their UTV's. To alot of us these are new, so there is probably a more limited knowledge base here compared other forum types. Stick with us, the more we work on these things the smarter we will get. Feel free to BS too.
thx ,,never thought about these utv's being so new to the market ,,I just seen one and got the bug (thats after I realized I didn't want a ATV ,,getting older has tamed me down and not needing to ride something horse back style no more ,,LOL )

I like to chat with people about just about everything ,,so heres a invite to all who like to chat about ,,well from carpentry to walking on the moon,,did some carpenter work in my time ,,just never walked on the moon ,,so heres your chance to enlighten me on this subject.. Have a Great ThanksGiving every one as I am about to go to the airport to pick up my daughter and grandson ,,I'm excited and wearing a big grin.. GP

·
Registered
27 Posts
happy thanksgiving gopapa! I dont know why you dont get replies. I dont ever seem to have that problem here. Maybe I ask stupid simple questions and yours are more challenging (>_<) anyways welcome to the site!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
happy thanksgiving gopapa! I dont know why you dont get replies. I dont ever seem to have that problem here. Maybe I ask stupid simple questions and yours are more challenging (>_<) anyways

welcome to the site!
LOL Nah! just being a whiner ,,HEHE I am retired and it's cold and wet out so maybe I am on here more than some ,,think thats it ? I am going to post a sort of a quiz about an old 56 chevy truck that I owned back when I was way young ,,so look for that ,,as I just may stump some of you on my question I will ask .. I just know you had a ncie thanks given Eddie so I wont hope you had one beings it was yesterday.. GP

GOPAPA
How was your Turkey Day?
I am still stuffed
I had a great Turkey day .. We Have our daughter out from Denver and our grandson ,,we ate and ate and ate and then watched her team "BRONCOS " win over NY Giants so that was a good ending to great time ..
My daughter loves the game Dictionary ,,so we all played that and talked about how our son always some how brung the word poop into an answer when he was at home back in grade school .. we laughed a lot and enjoyed ourselves and this will continue until we take her /grandson to the air port Sunday ..

I bet you had a good thanks given ,,but would still like to hear about it .. now I got to take Caden ( he is 8 yrs old) our grandson for a ride in the AC up into the woods so he can find the perfect stick to hit things with (remember them days Dessert Rat ? Or do you have sticks lieing around in the dessert? LOL
later GP

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sounds like a good turkey day to me! Sigh...the joy of finding the perfect stick! those where the days!! I know all about the cold making me ouchy! My problem is that most trails here are closed and its not yet cold enough to make ice. That leaves me with no where to ride (T_T) grrrrrrrr oh well good time for the projects. I am working on adding wipers and fluid today followed by a heater with defrost. I live across the street from a large lake and on my off weekends with good ice we regularly put 20 miles or so on each day. The drifts make it alot of fun!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds like a good turkey day to me! Sigh...the joy of finding the perfect stick! those where the days!! I know all about the cold making me ouchy! My problem is that most trails here are closed and its not yet cold enough to make ice. That leaves me with no where to ride (T_T) grrrrrrrr oh well good time for the projects. I am working on adding wipers and fluid today followed by a heater with defrost. I live across the street from a large lake and on my off weekends with good ice we regularly put 20 miles or so on each day. The drifts make it alot of fun!

I have no idea of how you know what is good ice to take the chance to get out on it.. but I bet you do beings you live there where it gets so cold.. It would pretty chancy to do it here . You will really like the wipers and heat I bet. Whats it get down to ? -40 or so.
You need a complete closed cab dont you ?
I have an open cab and over the turkey days I first gave my daughter a ride up some back logging roads and I went through a mud puddle that covered the whole road and was about 9-10 inches deep moving pretty fast and the mud splashed out from the cat some 12 feet.. scared her because she thought the floor boards were open in places and she quickly checked out her levi's for mud splatter..

Then she took me for a ride ,,but she didnt want to go through the mud puddle.

You know ? I am over 65 years old and to reread what I just wrote and how I speeded up to go through that mud puddle made me think of when I used to do that on my bicycle.. I think I'm getting younger with this new toy ..Can you hold on while I go do that puddle again ,,,LOL j/k GP

·
Registered
27 Posts
YOUR ONLY AS OLD AS YOU FEEL GO PA!!! yeah I have had two diffrent encloses one was all soft...Siezmic makes it and the other is kind of a hybrid...Custom diamond plate roof we did our selves and beststop doors. When you add the windchill in yeah -40 is reachable here so the heater is a must! On the ice front...Good ice is anything over 12 inches...atv's usually wait for about 8 and that is a little to risky for me. 12 will hold a full size truck so thats when I go. Its not uncommon for us to get 36 inches of ice by the end of feb. The lake I live across the street from is about 16 miles end to end and is very spread out, we can thank the army corp for making our 8 lakes into one big one. Got to run to work but have fun with the mud puddles and sorry about the slow response, I work retail and it is the busy season.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
LOL Nah! just being a whiner ,,HEHE I am retired and it's cold and wet out so maybe I am on here more than some ,,think thats it ? I am going to post a sort of a quiz about an old 56 chevy truck that I owned back when I was way young ,,so look for that ,,as I just may stump some of you on my question I will ask .. I just know you had a ncie thanks given Eddie so I wont hope you had one beings it was yesterday.. GP

I had a great Turkey day .. We Have our daughter out from Denver and our grandson ,,we ate and ate and ate and then watched her team "BRONCOS " win over NY Giants so that was a good ending to great time ..
My daughter loves the game Dictionary ,,so we all played that and talked about how our son always some how brung the word poop into an answer when he was at home back in grade school .. we laughed a lot and enjoyed ourselves and this will continue until we take her /grandson to the air port Sunday ..

I bet you had a good thanks given ,,but would still like to hear about it .. now I got to take Caden ( he is 8 yrs old) our grandson for a ride in the AC up into the woods so he can find the perfect stick to hit things with (remember them days Dessert Rat ? Or do you have sticks lieing around in the dessert? LOL
later GP
Turkey day was filled full of fun and food with the family. I grew up in the north west corner of California so I can relate to finding a good stick. I live in the foothills of the Phoenix valley and we have a good supply of sticks, some have stickers on them and some don't ha ha.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
I will give my input on the original question. I dont always answer performance questions because there are more knowledgable members that can answer it better most the time.

I do read alot these days and have been very frustrated with some performance issues withmy XTZ because of my modifications. So I think my answer is ; we are here and just dont always have an answer, but peeps usally get an answer it just takes a couple of days sometimes.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will give my input on the original question. I dont always answer performance questions because there are more knowledgable members that can answer it better most the time.

I do read alot these days and have been very frustrated with some performance issues withmy XTZ because of my modifications. So I think my answer is ; we are here and just dont always have an answer, but peeps usally get an answer it just takes a couple of days sometimes.

I appreciate your reply .. I too will not answer to performance questions being so new to the Artic Cats and you are absolutely right about there being knowledgable members on here.
My most knowledgable is 60-73 Chevy Trucks and I dont pretend to know it all ,,I do know some stuff about them and have bought some new and I have 2 of them now ..

So,,,here I am retired and it's colder than a well drillers ____out and so here I am .. LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts