Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Compression was 210 if I remember correctly. I pulled the plug and it was dry and light tan in color.

And I’ll give you guys another curve ball. Jack the rear up to allow the rear wheels to turn and it runs out fine, so basically we removed the load on the drive line and the engine performed as it should. Ran up to 50 mph multiple pulls without a issue.

QUOTE]

I believe the ECU has a rev limiter for Reverse, neutral and 4x4 diff lock, so this may explain it ^^

This is interesting and I hope you figure it out, Takes me back to my month of frustration last summer:( with my xtz

·
Registered
40 Posts
I know what a Kawi BF 750 in limp mode feels like!
Do the rear wheels turn when you have it jacked up and idling?

I didn’t see that you mentioned valves or timing?

Have you adjusted the valves after the rebuild? (cold engine, front cylinder at TDC. then rotate the engine 270° to the TDC position to adjust the rear cylinder.)

When you rebuilt both heads did you start with the front at TDC, install camshaft lobs down etc.., then keeping tension on the rear chain rotate to secure the camshaft sprocket. then rotate 270° until the rear piston is TDC and install camshaft etc..?

(I would assume you have a 2009 XTZ service manual with that info.)

But, if it can fly before the gauge loads it may be the ECU. hmmm.. What do the fuses look like? There is a directional diode in there…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I know what a Kawi BF 750 in limp mode feels like!
Do the rear wheels turn when you have it jacked up and idling?

I didn’t see that you mentioned valves or timing?

Have you adjusted the valves after the rebuild? (cold engine, front cylinder at TDC. then rotate the engine 270° to the TDC position to adjust the rear cylinder.)

When you rebuilt both heads did you start with the front at TDC, install camshaft lobs down etc.., then keeping tension on the rear chain rotate to secure the camshaft sprocket. then rotate 270° until the rear piston is TDC and install camshaft etc..?

(I would assume you have a 2009 XTZ service manual with that info.)

But, if it can fly before the gauge loads it may be the ECU. hmmm.. What do the fuses look like? There is a directional diode in there…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Replaced ecm with known good one, no improvement. We have re-checked everything and nothing is making sense. If it was mechanical then we would t be able to get it to run as it should.

It’s a sensor somewhere but it doesn’t show any faults on the gauge

·
Administrator
7,373 Posts
Any more on this issue? Thanks

21 - 31 of 31 Posts