Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well.... I finally pulled the trigger on a prowler. After asking a few ?s on here about things and waiting to see if another one would pop up, I am going to pick up a new 09 550 prowler this afternoon.
I am only goin to use it for plowing snow in the winter and driving to work every now and then. So I hope its a trouble free ride??? Im not into the whole power kick, thats why I went with the 550. And the price was right. Thanks for all the help y'all have givin me. I'll post up a few pic when I get her home.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Now help me understand the whole offset wheel thing. I am gonna put new wheels and tires on it. Seems like the only offset I can find is 5x2. What is the factory offset? What will the 5x2 offset do? Make it a lil wider? Thanks for any info you may have. :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well there she is. Small improvements yes. Front and rear bumpers, wheels and tires, windshield, and winch and snow plow come winter time.:)

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
If you look at your wheels you have now what you are seeing is kinda a reverse offset. Imagine if you turned that wheel around and the thin part was against the hub. That is a offset wheel. You will gain some width and stability with a offset wheel. If the center off the wheel is bolted to the hub you a 0 offset. One direction you go is offset. The other is reverse offset. Some might argue though that you put more strain due to the leverage on suspension parts. I say do what makes you happy and enjoy your new ride.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts