Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mike tagged me on Facebook and asked me to share it here. (Are you having problems logging in again?? :eek: )

I've seen similar heaters under the Firestorm brand and a friend has one in his Ranger that he says works well. Looks like these are about $30 cheaper.

Ice Crusher Compact Cab Heater for Arctic Cat Prowler 700

Reactions: de3

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Pretty nice fit! Have to lose the center console on some models.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I can't give up my cup holders.....was out the other night at 21* and was in a tee shirt with windows open it was so hot without a heater...

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
I wouldn't think the XTZ's would need a heater! LOL I keep thinking about a heater, but just have not been out in really cold weather for any length of time!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
mine sure doesn't .. even in winter's snows no heater required ..... but I did buy some heat barrier to install on all surfaces facing into the passenger area's and on the bottom of the tilt bed as that get's so hot the dogs will get burnt feet if there isn't a thick insulator pad of some type

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Mike tagged me on Facebook and asked me to share it here. (Are you having problems logging in again?? :eek: )

I've seen similar heaters under the Firestorm brand and a friend has one in his Ranger that he says works well. Looks like these are about $30 cheaper.

Ice Crusher Compact Cab Heater for Arctic Cat Prowler 700

No problems logging in mike,just wanted to send you that link before I forgot.........I didn't think that was a bad price for a heater,how much is the A/C Heater

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
450 minimum! Usually around 650

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I cleared driveways yesterday, temps started in the single digits and then the teen's. I had to turn the heat off several times and just had a long sleeve shirt and a jacket, could have taken the jacket off but had to keep getting out to clean sidewalks. Now when I drive around 30 it cools off from all the air leaks. It does take a long time to warm up but once it does it's pretty comfortable riding.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I cleared driveways yesterday, temps started in the single digits and then the teen's. I had to turn the heat off several times and just had a long sleeve shirt and a jacket, could have taken the jacket off but had to keep getting out to clean sidewalks. Now when I drive around 30 it cools off from all the air leaks. It does take a long time to warm up but once it does it's pretty comfortable riding.

I've noticed on the wildcat forum that several members are putting heaters in there big cats and trail/sports....

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
We are seeing more UTV's out in the winter here, and snow mobiles less! Makes sense as you can ride year round!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We are seeing more UTV's out in the winter here, and snow mobiles less! Makes sense as you can ride year round!
Not much use for snow mobiles around here, I've only ridden a snow mobile one time when I was a kid and learned real quick not to put your foot down when it feels like you're going to tip over! Holy ejection Batman, that icy layer on top of the snow grabbed my leg and away I went :eek:

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Not much use for snow mobiles around here, I've only ridden a snow mobile one time when I was a kid and learned real quick not to put your foot down when it feels like you're going to tip over! Holy ejection Batman, that icy layer on top of the snow grabbed my leg and away I went :eek:

They don't even sell sleds here where I live,.....That's something I never rode

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
I had a Polaris 98 Indy LT. Trail, 488CC. Fun sled, but top heavy! We rode it for several seasons around our area, but it was just too heavy for us if it got stuck! Last heavy snow got us buried in our back 40, took two days to dig it out! Sold it the next week! New sleds are so high tech, and easy to ride, but our recent snow seasons have been terrible!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I had a Polaris 98 Indy LT. Trail, 488CC. Fun sled, but top heavy! We rode it for several seasons around our area, but it was just too heavy for us if it got stuck! Last heavy snow got us buried in our back 40, took two days to dig it out! Sold it the next week! New sleds are so high tech, and easy to ride, but our recent snow seasons have been terrible!

lol I figured you might just leave it and put flowers on it......:D:D

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Don't give my wife any ideas! Still hoping the snowmobile trails will open to UTV/ATV use once the snow season is over. Michigan is looking at doing just that! They are doing an inventory on all trails now, new maps will start rolling out this year showing all Michigan trails.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts