Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this site, bought the bike this week and cant get it to idle tried everything i know but i am not that familiar with fuel injection.
2008 prowler xtx700fi

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
How is the fuel? Is it old? Have you drained the tank and put in fresh gas?

Will it run just not idle?

Have you checked for air leaks? I have read there is a intake boot update due to the original cracking.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fuel is good, fuel pump and filter are good. injector is good. I checked the boot it looks good, no cracks. I just dont know im getting tired of trying to fix it. Think Im gonna bring it to the local shop but I know thats gonna hurt the checkbook.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Try another spark plug, check the gap. My 700 will act up after I get it wet or wash with a power washer. Check all electrical connections, clean and grease with dielectric. I replaced the boot, had cracks but didn't respond to the starter fluid test, fooled around with spark plug gaps, changed the fuel filter and drained the fuel and cleaned the connections. Runs like a champ. Good luck let us know when you get it fixed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm new to this site, bought the bike this week and cant get it to idle tried everything i know but i am not that familiar with fuel injection.
2008 prowler xtx700fi
You could try the idle setting procedure outlined on several posts here. Also, there is a free manual download from a mower repair site that is real helpful.

·
Administrator
7,357 Posts
2008 prowler xtx700fi
Throttle position sensor needs adjusted. Download a free service manual at Country Cat. Every owner should have one, saves a bunch of money doing what you can, dealers are expensive! LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts