Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EFXtires.com Has an DOT tire for UTVs and ATVs and they are priced pretty good too.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did not see any prices. Not that we need DOT tires in AZ, but it would be nice for when we ride in other states.
If you do an internet search you will see prices.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
If the cops wanted to they could get us for not having DOT rated tires when we ride on the streets. All ATV UTV tires say for off highway use only.
Actually, I think the City of Peoria have been giving people tickets for no DOT tires and I believe they were also giving tickets for no windshields.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
EFXtires.com Has an DOT tire for UTVs and ATVs and they are priced pretty good too.
UTV and Offroad mag tested them and they like them.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm a dealer for them and they have some pretty good tires and great wheels. Just remember most of their tires are not radial, but they are DOT approved. The new tires they have been coming out with are radial. The only radial tire they offer right now is the MotoGrip. The police technically can right a ticket if tires are not DOT, but they should not be able to right you a ticket for no windshield, that isn't a requirement because they have MC license plates, but the same law of motorcycles apply which is if there is no windshield then some sort of eye protection must be worn. And if they want to get real technical about it they may even be able to right a ticket for someone under 18 riding without a helmet, but I'm not sure about that.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm a dealer for them and they have some pretty good tires and great wheels. Just remember most of their tires are not radial, but they are DOT approved. The new tires they have been coming out with are radial. The only radial tire they offer right now is the MotoGrip. The police technically can right a ticket if tires are not DOT, but they should not be able to right you a ticket for no windshield, that isn't a requirement because they have MC license plates, but the same law of motorcycles apply which is if there is no windshield then some sort of eye protection must be worn. And if they want to get real technical about it they may even be able to right a ticket for someone under 18 riding without a helmet, but I'm not sure about that.
efx motogrip 26/9/14R,26/11/14R,26/9/15R.26/11/15R are all DOT Approved. Do you know anyone that has purchased them? Do they like them? Thanks

·
Registered
294 Posts
Currently I don't have anyone running these tires yet, I have been selling a lot of Maxxis Cerros and ITP Bajacross. The Bajacross are heavy, but they are 8 ply and the Motogrips are only 6 ply, so most customers I've had lately want the more plys to resist puncture.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Currently I don't have anyone running these tires yet, I have been selling a lot of Maxxis Cerros and ITP Bajacross. The Bajacross are heavy, but they are 8 ply and the Motogrips are only 6 ply, so most customers I've had lately want the more plys to resist puncture.
Not start anything I am just wondering I ran across a site where they kinda putting down the Cerros? Do you know about complaints about them?

·
Registered
294 Posts
The customers that have them have liked them. I haven't personally used them, but I think with the tread design there are probably certain conditions that they won't perform good, like by looking at them I don't thing that they would do to great in the mud, but I don't have any time on them. I have sent some up to the copper mine here in the area and they really like them for those conditions.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The customers that have them have liked them. I haven't personally used them, but I think with the tread design there are probably certain conditions that they won't perform good, like by looking at them I don't thing that they would do to great in the mud, but I don't have any time on them. I have sent some up to the copper mine here in the area and they really like them for those conditions.
Maybe what I read about them was not really true then. Do you know how much The EFX Dot tire in a 26/11/14R weighs?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well, technically in the state of Arizona there is not law that says that a vehicle driven on public roadways has to have DOT tires.

If you read the ARS 28-958 tire restrictions. It only talks about solid rubber tires, farm machinery, tire chains, studded tires.

ARS 28-964 the operator of a motor driven vehicle shall wear at all times protective glasses, goggles, or a transparent face shield unless the vehicle is equipped with a protective windshield.

Those are the laws of the state of Arizona in 2008 and I will have to get a 2010 book to see if there have been revisions to those laws. I just looked the statute up and it has not changed.

We talked about these rules at the Police Academy and as long as you have a driver's license, horn, plate light, mirror, and insurance there was nothing that could be done to you unless you are breaking the law ( speeding, reckless driving, etc...)

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I agree with what your saying...I know that there were some people hassled from Peoria.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
eaac .. looking on the net .. they are real proud of the BJCross 25 -30% more per tire than Big Horn or Cerros ... what make 'em so proud with ITP rep for weak sidewalls ... no flame just a question

·
Registered
294 Posts
eaac .. looking on the net .. they are real proud of the BJCross 25 -30% more per tire than Big Horn or Cerros ... what make 'em so proud with ITP rep for weak sidewalls ... no flame just a question

They are an 8 ply when comparing to the others that are 6 ply, that is where a lot of the cost is coming from. Also, they are made out of a different compound of rubber that is supposed to last 25% longer. They also haven't been around as long as the other two so dealers don't cut the price on them as much. Here are the current MSRP (not the price I sell for) from parts unlimited for 26X11R14: Cerros - $168.95, Original Bighorn - $154.95, Bajacross - $160.95. Around here I have heard many people talk about the weak sidewalls on the Bighorn, but everyone has personal preferences and different feelings.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Well, technically in the state of Arizona there is not law that says that a vehicle driven on public roadways has to have DOT tires.

If you read the ARS 28-958 tire restrictions. It only talks about solid rubber tires, farm machinery, tire chains, studded tires.

ARS 28-964 the operator of a motor driven vehicle shall wear at all times protective glasses, goggles, or a transparent face shield unless the vehicle is equipped with a protective windshield.

Those are the laws of the state of Arizona in 2008 and I will have to get a 2010 book to see if there have been revisions to those laws. I just looked the statute up and it has not changed.

We talked about these rules at the Police Academy and as long as you have a driver's license, horn, plate light, mirror, and insurance there was nothing that could be done to you unless you are breaking the law ( speeding, reckless driving, etc...)
Yes, but our state is full of total BS. For example, if you look up the state law regarding Oversize truck loads you must use either fluresent orange or red flags, but on the actual permit it says red, so Highway Patrol is pulling the ones over using the fluresent orange and giving them tickets because they aren't red, and in all reality the red ones are not as easy to see.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts

No helmet law. When game and fish redid the law UTV's are ROV's now I think. Take a look at there site it will show the updates.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 32 Posts