Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have. 2010 1000 xtz I keep popping the ign fuse which is a ten amp I jumped up to a 15 still popping I even popped a 30 so I removed any after market wiring I had installed including winch still popped and now efi is flashing on dash ani ideas?? Sometimes it pops at turn of the key other times it's hours later checked all connections and battery.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Welcome to the site, we got some smart people here (I'm not one of them :eek:) I'm sure can help you.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
welcome to the house Kris ... you already know this BUTTTT you are really asking for problems going from a 10 to a 30 amp fuse , we both know that's not the way to find a faulty wire issue .. OK off my soap box now :)

I am not the best wire guy , I also tend to let the smoke out

but what has been added in that circuit ? suggest pulling everything that was added to that one ,, then start moving any factory items on the circuit until the bad guy shows up ... also go to Napa and get a re-settable circuit breaker and replace the fuse .. I have replaced all fuses with re-settable circuit breakers helps a bunch when out in the boonies and a problem shows up and your a million miles from anywhere.

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
I agree with Diesel Racer, intermittent shorts are hard to find!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Check your fan relay, was just cruising the wiring diagram, Is there anything plugged into the accy 2-pin black and orange connectors ? There is one in the center console near the shifter and one behind the dash switches.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts