Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

My buddy has an 07 Prowler 650 H1. It keeps blowing the fuse for the ignition circuit. I am wondering if there is a common problem I should be aware of. I REALLY dont want to have to replace the whole wire which sounds like the only possibility (cut and solder in a new section in between each connection until it doesnt short anymore. The dealer wanted to put a harness in it,

any ideas?

Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mmm not sure. I'll find out tomorrow. this is a 'remote' repair as I live about 2 hours away and only go over on weekends...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not sure, I doubt it as he lives in the middle of no where. He said it only shorts when going through rough stuff so it must be a bare wire someplace.

Does anyone have wiring diagrams online?

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
There is a link that is on another thread in here that i will try to find.Or maybe one of the other guys that knows it will get it on here for you before i find it.It is the shop manuel as far as i know.
I think you are right about a bare wire seeing how it does it when he is out riding.If it was me i think i would unplug things one at a time and drive it for procces of elimination first.I would start with unplugging the headlights at the switch.Then maybe the 4x4 switch,etc.Things that are not hot unless the ignition is on.Just so i would know for sure it was not a problem in one of those items.It probably is a bare wire in the harness though.But the good thing about it i guess is that there should only be maybe 2-3 hot wires running through the harness from the dash to the cdi,engine,etc.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Travisn

Check under the tub in the front if it has a lot of miles and the front shock supports start moving the wire harness well rub between the tub and the support. There's a orange wire in the harness that will cause a direct short plowing the main fuse.

Learned that one the hard way

Jim www.bipolarracing.com

·
Registered
105 Posts
Well now that I've read all the posts on this I think this is where you will find the short the bummer is you must pull the tub witch means you must pull the dash. If you pull the tub its a good time to tighten all the supports in the front or weld them up solid when you get the tub out you'll see what I mean.

Hope this helps

JIM

·
Registered
105 Posts
The supports that run from the cross tube under the dash to the front end are bolted we weld them up on both ends. Lots of aggressive driving will cause them to loosen up.

JIm

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so it is the dash bar that the dash attatches to that gets loose? is that the same spot where the wire rubs?

·
Registered
105 Posts
No the bars going from the bar the dash mounts to the dash bar is welded on each side.

I'll take some pics. when I get home and post them for you.

Jim

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks, if its not too much trouble could you circle the areas to weld and where you think it rubs in ms paint or your program of choice?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts