Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 prowler that the trans came apart in and split the bottom case, I am looking to buy a complete running motor or the cases. if any one has anything please send me a message with cost.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I have a 2010 prowler that the trans came apart in and split the bottom case, I am looking to buy a complete running motor or the cases. if any one has anything please send me a message with cost.
I don't know of any body that has anything as for as xtz parts,maybe someone will chime in and help you out,how many miles on your 1000,I know they had some oiling problems not sure what years,I think the newer ones are up-dated with better oiling passages.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Just saw some on Ebay

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
What is the date on the back of your engine case?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
As a refresher, what were the differences between the early and late AC 1000 motors? What were the early issues?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
broken cases

I did know that they had some oiling issue and I will have to check my date on the cases, I am sure this was one of those engines. I also did see the one on ebay but it has no bottom pan just the sides for 799 thats a little high considering the full set is 1083 from arctic cat with the bearings. Also these cases are machined together and line boared you have to buy all matching cases so the one on ebay isnt really an option.
I have about 1100 miles on this XTZ I did buy it new and I had a shaft seal go bad at 200 miles and some misc. other stuff to. Its a shame these utv's arent better quallity because they work real nice. I was thinking that maybe while I have to do a full tear down some upgrades would be in order. Any Ideas?

Does anyone know if Arctic cat ever stood behind the faulty oiling? I was going to try and contact them but I am sure its like the old saying of peeing into the wind!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I did know that they had some oiling issue and I will have to check my date on the cases, I am sure this was one of those engines. I also did see the one on ebay but it has no bottom pan just the sides for 799 thats a little high considering the full set is 1083 from arctic cat with the bearings. Also these cases are machined together and line boared you have to buy all matching cases so the one on ebay isnt really an option.
I have about 1100 miles on this XTZ I did buy it new and I had a shaft seal go bad at 200 miles and some misc. other stuff to. Its a shame these utv's arent better quallity because they work real nice. I was thinking that maybe while I have to do a full tear down some upgrades would be in order. Any Ideas?

Does anyone know if Arctic cat ever stood behind the faulty oiling? I was going to try and contact them but I am sure its like the old saying of peeing into the wind!
There is a member on here Gtroyer that has a 2009 xtz with several miles,and I dont think he has had to many issues with his.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
sometimes better lucky than good Todd LOL .... yes I have well over 5000 miles with no big issues , I have had a loud / noisy tranny since day one.

I have done some improvements but the engine/tranny are still factory stock.

I do count myself as very lucky just knowing what others have dealt with.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
where would I locate the date? I looked and I dont see it stamped any where
On the back side of the motor. Look at your motor from the rear looking forward and you will see your oil fill or dip stick tube. Just to the right of that there is a number stamped in the case. That is the number that you can use to look up the gen and date of your motor. Also AC usually uses a black sharpie and puts a date in the same area.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
sometimes better lucky than good Todd LOL .... yes I have well over 5000 miles with no big issues , I have had a loud / noisy tranny since day one.

I have done some improvements but the engine/tranny are still factory stock.

I do count myself as very lucky just knowing what others have dealt with.
I have had 5 of the gen 1 motors apart and all of them had the thrust washer issue. You my friend need to buy a lottery ticket or go to Vegas and put it all on red! lol Glad things have gone well for you Gary.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I fully expect to have tranny problems this summer as at the end of last years use before I came south for the winter and new knees it was making more noise than the beginning of the year :(

as to lotto .. well I've been buying power ball tickets here lately as they started selling them in Calif. and we run over to the border flee bag greedy mart to buy, but so far only giving my contribution to the winner LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts