Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been studying a new project,I got the Idea from fatcat.Thinking about installing a 3'' attwood inline turbo fan on one of my cvt tubes,just not sure which one yet.I will be hooking it up on a switch so I can turn it on and off.I sent airdam an email to get his opinion on which duct work to install it in.fatcat installed one on a rzr that had tall snorkels and said the primary got so hot it ruined it.I have seen these cooling fan cvt kits before.I can get the fan on amazon for 22 dollars and the Fernco fittings at lowes............need some opinion's from you members on where you would put the inline fan at,I was thinking on the exhaust tube sucking the hot air out??????I have noticed my center snorkel which is my exhaust port gets really hot and It's sch 40 pvc.I also have riddler checking into it also.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found out my own question,I need to run the fan on the intake side,I called my buddy at pcp off road and He said you can buy a fan kit for 168 dollars and laughed and said it is the same fan that I can get for 22 dollars on amazon.:)looks like another project.:D

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Quit it Mike.....:mad: You are costing me too much money......:mad::D

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
He is an expert at "Buy it Now"

·
Registered
404 Posts
I have airdam sending me some info on it now.
Can't wait to see what they have to say. Thinking about doing stages 1, 2, and 3.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have been studying a new project,I got the Idea from fatcat.Thinking about installing a 3'' attwood inline turbo fan on one of my cvt tubes,just not sure which one yet.I will be hooking it up on a switch so I can turn it on and off.I sent airdam an email to get his opinion on which duct work to install it in.fatcat installed one on a rzr that had tall snorkels and said the primary got so hot it ruined it.I have seen these cooling fan cvt kits before.I can get the fan on amazon for 22 dollars and the Fernco fittings at lowes............need some opinion's from you members on where you would put the inline fan at,I was thinking on the exhaust tube sucking the hot air out??????I have noticed my center snorkel which is my exhaust port gets really hot and It's sch 40 pvc.I also have riddler checking into it also.
Mike, This might be a stupid question, but what if a guy, cut a tee into the exhaust snorkel, and ran duct work with an adjustable vent into the cab? would that work as a heater?

·
Registered
220 Posts
The blower seems like a great idea, but I would be careful. If your blower isn't always on, it will cause an obstruction to the normal air flow, and really cause it to overheat! Tom

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
mike,, why don't you buy 2 of them and put 1 in the carb intake ,,,,that way you will have a super charged prowler lmao sorry .I couldn't resist:D:D;)

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Mike, This might be a stupid question, but what if a guy, cut a tee into the exhaust snorkel, and ran duct work with an adjustable vent into the cab? would that work as a heater?
I know the question was for the other Mike but not a stupid question I actually tried to run a flexible hose to see if it would work. It does put out heat even in the winter but I think your only going to get airflow and heat at higher rpms so it might not be a steady heat. Maybe if you used the inline fan it would pump more warm air, might be worth a shot it would be a cheap project and easy to undo if it doesn't work as well as you like.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
mike,, why don't you buy 2 of them and put 1 in the carb intake ,,,,that way you will have a super charged prowler lmao sorry .I couldn't resist:D:D;)
Cool a cheap Air Induction System:D

·
Registered
220 Posts
I know the question was for the other Mike but not a stupid question I actually tried to run a flexible hose to see if it would work. It does put out heat even in the winter but I think your only going to get airflow and heat at higher rpms so it might not be a steady heat. Maybe if you used the inline fan it would pump more warm air, might be worth a shot it would be a cheap project and easy to undo if it doesn't work as well as you like.
Thanks! I was just wondering? I don't even have a cab, so I didn't want to spend the money on a real heater! I'm afraid it would become more of an ass magnet if I got too cozy! lol. I wouldn't want to get out while hunting! Tom

·
Registered
220 Posts
The blower seems like a great idea, but I would be careful. If your blower isn't always on, it will cause an obstruction to the normal air flow, and really cause it to overheat! Tom
Maybe adding a "Y" type fitting to your main intake, and then adding the blower to that? That way u don't have an obstruction when the fan isn't running. just a thought.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Thanks! I was just wondering? I don't even have a cab, so I didn't want to spend the money on a real heater! I'm afraid it would become more of an ass magnet if I got too cozy! lol. I wouldn't want to get out while hunting! Tom
I know what you mean last winter I drove right up to my tree stand, looked up and thought do I really want to get out or sit here and finish my coffee.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea tom I already thought of that,as for as the exhaust snorkel you would get heat as long as your moving.Airdam was telling me a lot of guys that ride in the desert will take and drill holes in there cvt sidecases.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts