Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just registered to the forum but I've been reading your stuff for years!

So I am in need of some info or ideas for head studs on my 2007 Arctic Cat 650h1. It has an 850cc big bore kit, so there'
20200722_202241.jpg
s TONS of power. My problem is the head is floating and stretching my cam chain. I guess this is a common problem with the big bore kits on this model, especially with this big of one it will happen more often. I figured the only way to fix this would to be to install head studs that torque well over the 40 ftlbs that the head bolts go to. I haven't been able to find any at all on the web so I would probably need to either make them or get some made. Anyone have this problem or studded their's? Also I need to know what to do about the one that needs to have a hole for the oil flow. Should the stud just have a hole in it or is there a better way? I need to find a way to stud it to atleast 50 ftlbs and with studs that will not stretch with the torque. Thanks guys!

·
Administrator
7,298 Posts
I put head studs on mine for two reasons, 1) the cost of one time use factory bolts, and, 2) I took my head off frequently!
KMS Motorsports – Phoenix AZ.

Item Name:

Arctic Cat Prowler 700 Cylinder Head Stud Kit

Item #:

KMS-ACProw700CylHd

Price/ea:

$124.95

Average Rating:

Product Image Gallery

These bolts offer:

Arctic Cat Prowler 650 (All Years)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh ok. I read about someone doing this, but I didn't know it worked on my model. So will one of those studs have a hole for an oil passage to the head or should I make one?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put head studs on mine for two reasons, 1) the cost of one time use factory bolts, and, 2) I took my head off frequently!
KMS Motorsports – Phoenix AZ.

Item Name:

Arctic Cat Prowler 700 Cylinder Head Stud Kit

Item #:

KMS-ACProw700CylHd

Price/ea:

$124.95

Average Rating:

Product Image Gallery

These bolts offer:

Arctic Cat Prowler 650 (All Years)
My Arctic cat 650 h1 has the same engine as the 650 Prowler, right?

·
Administrator
7,298 Posts
Oh ok. I read about someone doing this, but I didn't know it worked on my model. So will one of those studs have a hole for an oil passage to the head or should I make one?
The oil passage surround the stud, that is one reason the AC head bolts have a reduced shank. You have two options, 1) is reduce the head stud shank to mirror a factory bolt, or 2) Enlarge the bolt hole than provides the oil. I've done it both ways, and I prefer reducing the shank on the stud, Any machine shop can do that, or do it like I did, I put the stud in my drill press, and used my angle grinder to remove the material, not pretty, but works..Good Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts