Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i dont know if anybody did this on is cat, i am about to insulate the cab between the seats to reduce the noise, if anyone did it has any problems came out after it has been done , like maybee overheating or anything else, cause we did it on my buddys 09 and up to know nothing came out of it ?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what i will use is a self-sticking membrane with a foil on the other side, works well

·
Registered
14 Posts
I did an experiment using some cheaper duct insulation (sticky foam with heavy aluminum foil on it) and it did cut down on the noise quite a bit. Total cost about $12. I know there is more expensive stuff out there (Dynamat) but for the money it was worth a try.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
combined with the rear panel it realy cuts down on the noise ,you can talk instead of yealing at your passenger

·
Registered
157 Posts
I turned my cowl upside down and sprayed a layer of expanding foam over it after it was dry I carved out needed areas for clearance. Been working good for 3 years.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I turned my cowl upside down and sprayed a layer of expanding foam over it after it was dry I carved out needed areas for clearance. Been working good for 3 years.
that is a smart idea it should cut lots of decibels

·
Registered
463 Posts
I like that idea but wat temps. is that foam good for and what kind did you use? My XTZ puts off alot of heat.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I like that idea but wat temps. is that foam good for and what kind did you use? My XTZ puts off alot of heat.
I don't know what mine was rated for. I do know that there is a new foam on the market made to use as a firestop in buildings. That would be the one to use now.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Are you guys doing this on full cabs? As far as the rear panel, Do you mean rear cab panel or just behind the seats?
The reason i am asking is that i have a windshield and a roof, but no rear window or doors, so i am just courious if this will help with the motor and intake noise that i hear?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are you guys doing this on full cabs? As far as the rear panel, Do you mean rear cab panel or just behind the seats?
The reason i am asking is that i have a windshield and a roof, but no rear window or doors, so i am just courious if this will help with the motor and intake noise that i hear?
well what i meant by the back panel is a cab rear panel
(rear windshield) by insulating the cap it projects the sound towards the rear cargo box so with a soft panel or hard panel whatever you choose it stops the sound from getting back in the cab

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what i am using is sound proof sheets it is about 1/8 of an inch thick so being that thin it leaves a lot of air space in the cap. you can get these sheets at napa autoparts it comes in a box of 9 pcs and they are 10 x 20 sheets it is a little bit longer to install cause you got to heat it up with a heatgun to make them bend as desired

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
what i am using is sound proof sheets it is about 1/8 of an inch thick so being that thin it leaves a lot of air space in the cap. you can get these sheets at napa autoparts it comes in a box of 9 pcs and they are 10 x 20 sheets it is a little bit longer to install cause you got to heat it up with a heatgun to make them bend as desired

Could you post up a part #.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
No luck

hey riddler28, this product is made by auto-chem inc.
on the box it says sound proof sheets #2051
the bar code number is 27108 02051
I am having no luck with the napaonline.com search.

Do you have your receipt that would show the part#.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am having no luck with the napaonline.com search.

Do you have your receipt that would show the part#.
no sorry tried to find it but i will keep on searching for it

i just gave them a call explaining to them what io was looking for and the guy knew what i meant

1 - 20 of 34 Posts