Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got Hughes Net for my internet service, and it has been terrible the last 4-5 days! Anybody else having any issues?

·
Registered
253 Posts
doing ok here, i am at 16mb down and 17mb up. what is your speed test at?
i usually run speedtest.net but your local provider should have a speed test as well.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Log into your modem and it will give you a status report, 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. You could be over your monthly limit.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Log into your modem and it will give you a status report, 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. You could be over your monthly limit.
Dish was out of alignment from high winds! Tech was here late last night, poor guy went up on the roof and froze his ass off! Very hard to work outside, wind chill was minus 5!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I don't have Hughesnet but the ones who do said it has been out for the last couple days in our area.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Back up! Winds have been very strong lately!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
drill a through bolt and fix it for good from wind turning .... my dish used to do that when I lived on a mountain ridge top in Kommieville and we got some big wind storms .. do to the mountain winds coming together we saw 100 MPH many times a year so my sat. dish moved a bunch UNTIL i pinned it .. never moved after that

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If this stuff keeps up I'll just go back to my old office and use the hospital's internet access!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Hughesnet is working good at our station again. With my home cable internet I'm lucky to get close to 3 mbps, that's the max we can get with the company and it's $60 per month.

Edit:

I stand corrected, I just did a speed test and got a little over 3 mbps!

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm old school! Anything dealing with I-Phones, internet, cloud, etc. etc. is way beyond my understanding! I carry a flip phone if that tells you anything! LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts