Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 192 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Iowa ATV Trails This is an old post, but here is an updated link of trails.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Rode ATVs at Solon years ago, but that's about the only place in Iowa I have ridden. Mizzou has quite a few riding spots.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
There are 2 places out by Sprageville, Ia. River Ridge Trails, a 10 mile course overlooking the Maquoketa River in Spragueville Its open from 9am to dusk at $10 per person. He also has some cabins for overnighting. 563-357-3784, ask for Steve. Address is 34580 100th Street, Spragueville, IA
The other is a farm that was flooded back in 2012, by the Maquoketa River, The DNR condemned it from farming, due to sand and silt issues. So he made a ATV park out of it. I have been to this one, its rough. but fun. Lots of gravel roads to get to it. It winds down by the Maquoketa River also. Has lots of trails carved out of the woods, creeks to cross, a nice flat mud run and a speed run in one of the old meadows. Its owned by a guy I know well, we lived on a farm not far from his when we were kids. If you have a tent, he will let you camp by the river and fish the Maquoketa, if you have a fishing license. $10 per day, per rider. Daylight hours only. At night, you will get lost! Kenny Hansen, Hansen's Hallows- 41324 82nd St, Spragueville, IA 52074
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6wMprR-45c heres a video.
We were out there last fall. Its an absolute riot. We went on a Monday and had the whole place to ourselves. He is slowly opening the trails to UTV's but we had little problems getting through. My neighbor took his 2 day old Ranger. Got stuck in the mudpit, I had to winch him out, 3 times. He told us next time to bring a gas axe and open up whatever we want, to make more trails or easier access for UTV's.
I thought I had his phone #, but must not have saved it. I'll get it and post it....

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Iowa ATV Trails This is an old post, but here is an updated link of trails.
Nothing wrong with reviving old post with new info on the subject, I still search old post to learn more about my used and abused cat.;)

·
Registered
518 Posts
There are 2 places out by Sprageville, Ia. River Ridge Trails, a 10 mile course overlooking the Maquoketa River in Spragueville Its open from 9am to dusk at $10 per person. He also has some cabins for overnighting. 563-357-3784, ask for Steve. Address is 34580 100th Street, Spragueville, IA
The other is a farm that was flooded back in 2012, by the Maquoketa River, The DNR condemned it from farming, due to sand and silt issues. So he made a ATV park out of it. I have been to this one, its rough. but fun. Lots of gravel roads to get to it. It winds down by the Maquoketa River also. Has lots of trails carved out of the woods, creeks to cross, a nice flat mud run and a speed run in one of the old meadows. Its owned by a guy I know well, we lived on a farm not far from his when we were kids. If you have a tent, he will let you camp by the river and fish the Maquoketa, if you have a fishing license. $10 per day, per rider. Daylight hours only. At night, you will get lost! Kenny Hansen, Hansen's Hallows- 41324 82nd St, Spragueville, IA 52074
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6wMprR-45c heres a video.
We were out there last fall. Its an absolute riot. We went on a Monday and had the whole place to ourselves. He is slowly opening the trails to UTV's but we had little problems getting through. My neighbor took his 2 day old Ranger. Got stuck in the mudpit, I had to winch him out, 3 times. He told us next time to bring a gas axe and open up whatever we want, to make more trails or easier access for UTV's.
I thought I had his phone #, but must not have saved it. I'll get it and post it....
I've heard of Hansen's farm, but thought you had to have an invitation to go there. I'd love to check it out sometime if you want to go some Saturday or Sunday. I'd probably take the quad, though.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
I've heard of Hansen's farm, but thought you had to have an invitation to go there. I'd love to check it out sometime if you want to go some Saturday or Sunday. I'd probably take the quad, though.
No invites required... I'll find his ph# and get it to you. All you have to do is fill out a form and sign the "if you get killed" disclaimer. Its a one time sign and drive. After that, if he's not home, drop off your money and get dirty. He has your tow vehicles plate #, so he will know who's there and has been there by trail cam.

·
Registered
518 Posts
No invites required... I'll find his ph# and get it to you. All you have to do is fill out a form and sign the "if you get killed" disclaimer. Its a one time sign and drive. After that, if he's not home, drop off your money and get dirty. He has your tow vehicles plate #, so he will know who's there and has been there by trail cam.
How big would you estimate the riding area?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I know we mentioned this before........ Tricounty trails in WI is less than an hour from Dubuque, IA. Tri County Trails, Iowa County, Lafayette County, Green County, Wisconsin
We ran out there last Saturday to meet some friends and do a day ride. The side trails to Fayette are still closed and not expected to re-open based on abuse and mis-use, but the main trail and almost all the roads in Iowa and Lafayette counties are open to atv/utv traffic.

Attachments

·
Registered
518 Posts
I know we mentioned this before........ Tricounty trails in WI is less than an hour from Dubuque, IA. Tri County Trails, Iowa County, Lafayette County, Green County, Wisconsin
We ran out there last Saturday to meet some friends and do a day ride. The side trails to Fayette are still closed and not expected to re-open based on abuse and mis-use, but the main trail and almost all the roads in Iowa and Lafayette counties are open to atv/utv traffic.
Not to be a Debbie-Downer, but we rode that last year and it was pretty boring without the Fayette trails. It closes off the best part of the riding. Hopefully time will pass, those wounds will heal, and the disgruntled farmer will let that part re-open. It's a shame a handful of idiots can't respect the rules and the rest of us have to suffer.

·
Administrator
7,365 Posts
That is on our list to do! Maybe in early September.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
We are too, RD! We are going to start at Gratiot. The first week in Sept. should be fun... Hope to see ya there.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
guess having road access and hundreds / thousands of miles of trails we kinda take for granted what some states have available with laws that don't restrict too much .. sorry for you guys where the laws are so restrictive and big government that thinks you can't live without their dumb ass laws

·
Registered
518 Posts
We are too, RD! We are going to start at Gratiot. The first week in Sept. should be fun... Hope to see ya there.
We've always used Darlington as our starting point. Nice little campground there with a very clean showerhouse. Plus, there's a good restaurant close by to get a little breakfast going before you spend the day punishing your liver.

·
Registered
162 Posts
We've always used Darlington as our starting point. Nice little campground there with a very clean showerhouse. Plus, there's a good restaurant close by to get a little breakfast going before you spend the day punishing your liver.
That's where we always stay is Darlington. Riverwoods for breakfast and Annies for pizza/burger and liver punishment>:)
If yall are serious about early September, we should fix a date and meet out there. I agree that it's not as much fun without the side trails but they did put up that new pavilion at the Calamine junction and there always seems to be a party there.

1 - 20 of 192 Posts