Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Fist time on the forums! I bought my Arctic Cat Prowler 700 XTX H1 in August of 2011. It was a left over from 2010 and was brand new. I had some HORRIBLE dealer problems (After a month of owning, sat at shop for over 4 months for service and replace seals). I was aggrivated with the guy and wanted to sale it back. Wow was I surprised. I financed 13,400.00 on my buggy (included 2 year warranty) 6 months later he offered me 6000.00 on it!

Since I bought it, I've added front and rear bump/brush gaurd, back seat, cloth roof, windshield, and 27" reptile radial tires. Also, The warrany is still good untill August of 2013. Am I crazy or is 6000 a slap in the face? I'm over the fact that the dealer has to make money and bla bla, and have reached out to craigslist trying to sale it, and still no luck. I owe 10,000 on it, and have had no hits, so obviously I'm thinking I just flat out owe too much. It has 30xx miles, and 200 hours now. I've kept it fully serviced and maintained since I bought it.

This is my first utv, so I'm honestly not sure if thats high mileage or hours, but I dont use this buggy for work/mud purposes. I use this with my family on my off time. I luckily live in a small area where the fuzz don't bother wasting time on utvs. So the river is 10miles north of me, the lake is 10 miles south, so every weekend we're riding to one or the other on pavement usually, or dirt roads.

The body is still in good shape, my son did back it up and hit the fender on the passenger side on a pole to the carport and cracked it, which I offered to pay to fix in my ads.

Does anyone have any numbers to throw at me at a more reasonable price? I want to keep this but unfortuanately i cant due to financial problems and needing a reliable vehicle for work now. Lots changed in life since I bought it.

So to sum it up, is anyone else facing similar circumstances? And, what is a good ballpark of what I have as far as selling it? I'm soooo dishearted right now. I love my buggy, its the best thing in the world to me, and I don't want to get rid of it but I HAVE to, and cant even sale it.

·
Registered
432 Posts
...I bought my 2010 700 XTX at auction for 7300 on ebay with only like 63 hrs on it from a local dealer 3 months ago and the dealership salesman advised me when I asked him if it was a good deal he said that he had it listed around 9 before the auction.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well that hurts lol. Did yours still have remaining warranty and accessories? 60 Hours is a lot less than 200 though.. I guess Im just going to have to find a way to pay more on the payments...

Whats anyone's opinions for 8000? Does that still seem to high to sell? Im just trying to get a general idea on what I may could borrow to pay down enough to get out from under.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I got 7500.00 cdn for mine on a trade in. I had a ton of stuff on it. Took most of it off and sold it separately. Made about 1300 bucks back. Ya resale value is not good on any off road toy. It was a 2010 prowler 1000 xtz. Another dealer offered me more but he wanted more for what I own now. one dealer wanted 15,600 and the other 17,800. ended up paying 4g's diff with both my trades. Now I own it free and clear.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
you said it had 3000 miles on it.sorry you cant keep it.when mine was three years old they offered me 6500 for mine on trade for a 2009 1000,mine only had 600 miles on it out the time plus extras.i dont really know what yours is worth.Iam guessing around 7500,if its clean.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wanted to give you a shout from the valley of the sun, great information. Much appreciated.
Meanwhile, I spend a lot of my spare time searching for the boat of my dreams. Multihulls have always been the focus of my attention; I like the look, the space, the stability, and the speed that they offer. I know it’s going to get some scoffs, but the look and the open space is important to me. When you’re as young as I am attracting girls is still a pretty important part of life. Taking a girl back to a tiny cabin on a monohull surely won’t score any points, and if it’s rocking back and forth that’s doubly so.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Just wanted to give you a shout from the valley of the sun, great information. Much appreciated.
Meanwhile, I spend a lot of my spare time searching for the boat of my dreams. Multihulls have always been the focus of my attention; I like the look, the space, the stability, and the speed that they offer. I know it’s going to get some scoffs, but the look and the open space is important to me. When you’re as young as I am attracting girls is still a pretty important part of life. Taking a girl back to a tiny cabin on a monohull surely won’t score any points, and if it’s rocking back and forth that’s doubly so.
...we're old and still attract girls,..............sometimes flies and buzzards too!:D

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Its always greater on less popular brands same as cars some drop more than others. But I still feel better that I didnt buy an everyone has one Polaris!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Sorry, can't say that I really have any brand loyalty. Only reason I picked up my AC was because it was broken and I got it cheaper. If I could have received a similar deal on a Rhino, Polaris, etc. I would have been all over it. And in many ways I wish I would have bought one of those only because there is a ton of add-ons that are readily available for those rigs. Not the case with the AC from what I've experienced. We have a local classifeds and I see deals on parts all the time for the other models, but good luck finding something for the AC. Sorry guys, just saying it how I see it....:D

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I agree there isnt as many aftermarket parts avalible,thats for sure.I rode a rhino and the cat had more room and it run better,back in 06 there wasnt much to choose from.it was probably 1 1/2 years before i could even get a aftermarket pipe,and for the rhino you could get many different brands.you can get a few things for the prowler now,and alot for the wildcat.I got a friend that has a 2013 550 prowler and he cant get a full fold down windshield for it yet not even through articcat.the new cage has been out for couple years now.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Sorry, can't say that I really have any brand loyalty. Only reason I picked up my AC was because it was broken and I got it cheaper. If I could have received a similar deal on a Rhino, Polaris, etc. I would have been all over it. And in many ways I wish I would have bought one of those only because there is a ton of add-ons that are readily available for those rigs. Not the case with the AC from what I've experienced. We have a local classifeds and I see deals on parts all the time for the other models, but good luck finding something for the AC. Sorry guys, just saying it how I see it....:D
Well you have to do what you jave to do for me a Polaris gazr is not an option too small weak frames plastic parts in front diffs the more I know about them the more I love my Prowler

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Well you have to do what you jave to do for me a Polaris gazr is not an option too small weak frames plastic parts in front diffs the more I know about them the more I love my Prowler
I agree joe i would never trade. the riding i do my prowler is plenty enough machine,even my rzr buddys comment on my prowler.besides the wife would dis-own me if i traded and started buying things all over again.:mad:

·
Administrator
7,304 Posts
New prices and resale are terrible, 70% value on a 6 month old machine not counting any finance charges. It is a buyers market, and prowlers don't seem to be in demand. I love my Prowler, it has met or exceeded all of my expectations. Aftermarket support leaves alot to be desired, but I've noticed many top notch machines on the forum with owner innovation and pride.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts