Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well me and some friends went out for a river run yesterday. There was six of us 4 RzR xp900's, 1 RzR's and me in my Wild Cat. We started from my buddies house which is about in the middle of the river system. First we headed east toward where I live in Ste.Anne. We went about 19 miles down the river but hit bad ice at about mile 18.5. This river is by no means straight lots of turns and drifting on ice. you got to be on your toes for what's around the corner at all times. lot's of people use the river for other things in the winter. Our machines are covered in ice now. One of the guys who was with us bent a rear radius rod by hitting something hard with his tire and another guy bent one on the way back. (pretty weak if you ask me). So on the way back we lost two of the six machines. One guy do to equipment failure and one due to not being dressed for the cold. We drove on the river west to a place called Grand point where there is a warm up shack that was a fast ride. About 15 miles one way of pure speed. Got it up to about 50 mph on snow and ice according to the GPS.
Was a good day Never had any problems and shared with good friends.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
good pictures,when you rode by the warm up cabin IAM suprised you didnt see me in there drinking something,:) looks like a good time,is that a river your riding on.:cool:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Well me and some friends went out for a river run yesterday. There was six of us 4 RzR xp900's, 1 RzR's and me in my Wild Cat. We started from my buddies house which is about in the middle of the river system. First we headed east toward where I live in Ste.Anne. We went about 19 miles down the river but hit bad ice at about mile 18.5. This river is by no means straight lots of turns and drifting on ice. you got to be on your toes for what's around the corner at all times. lot's of people use the river for other things in the winter. Our machines are covered in ice now. One of the guys who was with us bent a rear radius rod by hitting something hard with his tire and another guy bent one on the way back. (pretty weak if you ask me). So on the way back we lost two of the six machines. One guy do to equipment failure and one due to not being dressed for the cold. We drove on the river west to a place called Grand point where there is a warm up shack that was a fast ride. About 15 miles one way of pure speed. Got it up to about 50 mph on snow and ice according to the GPS.
Was a good day Never had any problems and shared with good friends.
...thanks for sharing your pictures.I really like the map showing your route but, mostly that you out climbed a XP900. Don't surprise me though. Everybody knows a cat can climb a tree!:D

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I see now after i clicked on your map you are on the river,looks like you guys have a good time in canada riding.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have studs coming for my tires I also want to be able to pass them on the river. They call me slow cat. but 52.6 mph I really don't find that slow on ice.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have studs coming for my tires I also want to be able to pass them on the river. They call me slow cat. but 52.6 mph I really don't find that slow on ice.
....release the parking brake and let the cat prowl!:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts