Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happened yesterday at Silver Lake Sand Dunes in michigan. This is my buddies brand new xtz or whats left of it. He had surgery on his wrist and got stitches on head and beat to hell but hes lucky he even walked away. Yeah the prowler is tore to **** but I still drove it on trailer. Oil blowing out and radiator blowing anti-freeze out but it still ran and drove enough to load it. I wanted to slap the **** out of the jeep drive cuz all he had to say is man I have been working on this all week to bring out and now I need a new radiator. I wanted to kick his ass and bury him in the sand. I told him my buddy is sitting there on the sand bleeding all over with a bone damn near sticking out of skin and his brand new toy thats worth 5 times what this jeep is worth is smashed all to f**k and your worried about a $50 radiator. While he is in hospital all weekend you will be out here enjoying dunes. What a dick. Anyway for all this cat went through it actually held up good and saved his life. Pics dont do justice in person its absolutely terrible and I cant figure out how he walked away.

Attachments

·
Registered
618 Posts
Great to hear he walked away from this, looks ugly.

I'm guessing a hill was involved and no spotter on top???

Hopefully he has insurance and heals quickly

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was a hill but it was steep enough jeep was at such an angle his flag wasn't standing up it was just one of those things. Neither got ticket. Bad luck. Cop said when he got call he knew exactly what hill it was. Apparently they have alot of wrecks on that hill. When I was there memorial weekend another bad collision happened there.

·
Registered
583 Posts
It was a hill but it was steep enough jeep was at such an angle his flag wasn't standing up it was just one of those things. Neither got ticket. Bad luck. Cop said when he got call he knew exactly what hill it was. Apparently they have alot of wrecks on that hill. When I was there memorial weekend another bad collision happened there.
Wonder what there speeds were. Probably not much but combined maybe 40 or so? Cool that he walked away but that cage was folding right in on him.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they were both going all of 30. I was driving my truck next to prowler and we seen it happen. I was going all of 30 and he was next to me. jeep came out of nowhere and he was scooting pretty good to. lucky to be alive for sure

·
Registered
114 Posts
Wow that gives me the chills

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Many that sucks. I am curious, in an accident like this, is everyone responsible to fix their own rig and that's it? Or do they ticket the people at fault at they are responsible?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Glad to hear he's going to be all right.. aside from the pain he's probably going through to recover.. wrecks are never cool especially with new toys but at least he can fix metal and plastic and walk away with his life. Thanks for the post and give your buddy our best!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts