Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, just dropping a note to say hi , new to the forum and thanks in advance for any help I get.
Just picked up a 12 700 XTX, traded in my wrecked ski-doo( man that was kinda hard pill) but have no regrets yet.
Any hoo got a question about higher mileage tires, the catalog ones are 26 by 9.5 x 14
Would the suspension hold up to some aluminum 15 in rims and a 30 x 9.5 swamper or a 31 10.5 BFG mudder. I found the rims online but not sure of the robustness of the equipment.
Thanks again and I look forward to some good knowledge sharing.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Hello all, just dropping a note to say hi , new to the forum and thanks in advance for any help I get.
Just picked up a 12 700 XTX, traded in my wrecked ski-doo( man that was kinda hard pill) but have no regrets yet.
Any hoo got a question about higher mileage tires, the catalog ones are 26 by 9.5 x 14
Would the suspension hold up to some aluminum 15 in rims and a 30 x 9.5 swamper or a 31 10.5 BFG mudder. I found the rims online but not sure of the robustness of the equipment.
Thanks again and I look forward to some good knowledge sharing.
welcome aboard,great members,my thoughts I wouldn't go any taller than 28'' tire.a 30'' will catch the inside of your fender well in the front,not sure what kind of riding you plan on doing.but different mods can be done.let us know what kind of riding your gonna be doing..........mike.:)

·
Administrator
7,262 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you came to the right place for any questions!!!!!RD

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
fill in your info on signature line so we know what ya have .. less questions later
also fill in you profile info [or some of it] so we know where ya are .. helps define ride area and terrain

that info give us a clue as to things like ... high desert, trees, rocks, sand or things like fire roads v/s pavement ect

AND welcome to the house , be careful the BS gets a bit deep sometimes :)

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
fill in your info on signature line so we know what ya have .. less questions later
also fill in you profile info [or some of it] so we know where ya are .. helps define ride area and terrain

that info give us a clue as to things like ... high desert, trees, rocks, sand or things like fire roads v/s pavement ect

AND welcome to the house , be careful the BS gets a bit deep sometimes :)
Gary its gonna get deeper.:D

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
so will the flies be like mosquitos in the alaska summer LOL

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
wecome to the site...i always ran 28s on my 08.and put 4000 mi on it ,i just bought the same machine as you(dont even have it yet) i will run 28s on that also....the only thing i noticed is that you go through bushing alot quicker.....the stock bushings a horrable anyway.......:cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info so far
I will def fill out the personal info now that I'm stationary for a while
I hate to say it but I got excited and was planning before I even measured, I see now that 28 is about the largest. Heck I didn't even notice the fronts are different that the rears( rookie)
So that part is coming together now and I think I may search out a little lift, not sure yet tho. Just got it last Friday so maybe I should just beat around a bit and see what's up.
Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
wecome to the site...i always ran 28s on my 08.and put 4000 mi on it ,i just bought the same machine as you(dont even have it yet) i will run 28s on that also....the only thing i noticed is that you go through bushing alot quicker.....the stock bushings a horrable anyway.......:cool:
what the a-arm bushings.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
no, but i problebly should,,,is there a big difference???

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Iam not sure,he was on here the other day,he said there made out something different than the factory ones.I think shane/outwest has them.
I don't have them yet, but I want them. Just another thing on my list. I have his resettable fuses. Just not the bushings yet.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts