Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an ('06?)/'07 Prowler 650 H1 project. It has a bad motor that I will be repairing/replacing.

I look forward to getting this thing going and having some fun with it.

Steve.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
welcome to the best information site on earth!!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I just bought an ('06?)/'07 Prowler 650 H1 project. It has a bad motor that I will be repairing/replacing.

Steve.
Steve,we have a few members on here that have rebuilt and bought new engines for there 06,07,09,prowlers.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Welcome, I'm one of the 07 owners that decided to drop a new engine in.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I'm the cheap one that rebuilt my own.....:D

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
The information, and advice on the site is priceless! New members are always welcome!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I'm the cheap one that rebuilt my own.....:D
Probably what I should have done then I could hit the Buy Now button more often.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all of the warm welcomes...

I had bought this hoping that it was just the top end of the motor... but it looks like there is lots of clearance in the conn rod bearing. and there is piston and cylinder pieces thru the lower end. I still have to pull out the motor, and am definitely curious as to how much damage there is.

I will post some photos when I have a chance. this is from the first day:

Steve

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Looks like you got you a project to work on,did you get a bed with it.keep us posted on your progress.Lot of great help on here.:)

·
Registered
3,295 Posts

Steve.
welcome to the house .... now help yourself out a lil more by filling in the signature line with info about your ride and also under your name/handle the town/area your in so we don't have to ask later when there is some questions

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
From the looks of the cylinder, it had a hard life! If it was my project I'd go for a new engine. Many benefits over rebuilding, new trans, new engine, bevel gears updated and so on. But this is just my opinion, food for thought. Others have rebuilt with great results!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Yes I would say it had a hard life,once you start running numbers on parts VS new engine you will figure out what your gonna do.Do you plan on keeping it.When you get it tore clear down I would like to see what the oil pump gears look like.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Those rockers looked like mine when my driven gear stripped and stupid me replaced the top end without checking out everything so I burned it up again! I said screw it and with some influence from my wife dropped a new engine in and it's running great. Unless you can find some used parts it will probably cost more to rebuild.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Those rockers looked like mine when my driven gear stripped and stupid me replaced the top end without checking out everything so I burned it up again! I said screw it and with some influence from my wife dropped a new engine in and it's running great. Unless you can find some used parts it will probably cost more to rebuild.
YEA they looked they were Toast.:eek:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts