Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I took my doors back off for summer! With the street legal windshield in place it was too uncomfortable!
I'm sure you was roasting,its hot in mine and my motor is in the back,i also have windshield,doors, roof, and back window......my wildcat runs 204 degrees and the fan brings it down to 192 degrees,these high temps are normal for these new machines,i think muddog's new xp 900 runs over 200 degrees.

·
Administrator
7,380 Posts
Bound and determined to make the street legal trim work for me! Built a scoop yesterday that if fastened directly to the front rollbar. I noticed that with the top off, very little air enters the cockpit. I extended the front edge forward of the windshield and contoured the top of the scoop so air would be directed into the cockpit area. Must have done something right, because I have great airflow in the cockpit. The scoop is only about two inches above the rollbar, thinking about a flapper door for it!

·
Premium Member
3,653 Posts
I took my doors back off for summer! With the street legal windshield in place it was too uncomfortable!
I didn't take my doors completely off but I did take off the skins and left the frame & storage bags. It helps a little with air flow but I need to add some vents to the windshield.

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,380 Posts
I built the scoop out of aluminum, cheap and fairly easy. It was either get creative, or lose the street legal status! Thankfully it works great! A flapper door will be added, or a blank plug. It is as good as riding with the sport windshield I have (completely open across the top). I think I can get the top back on over it, may have to raise it?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I built the scoop out of aluminum, cheap and fairly easy. It was either get creative, or lose the street legal status! Thankfully it works great! A flapper door will be added, or a blank plug. It is as good as riding with the sport windshield I have (completely open across the top). I think I can get the top back on over it, may have to raise it?
looks like that will work great.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I didn't take my doors completely off but I did take off the skins and left the frame & storage bags. It helps a little with air flow but I need to add some vents to the windshield.
Mike my windshield on my wild cat has 3 vents in it,but un-less you are going at least 30 mph,they dont seem to do much except blow hot air in, if its in the 80's to 90 degree range.

·
Premium Member
3,653 Posts
Mike my windshield on my wild cat has 3 vents in it,but un-less you are going at least 30 mph,they dont seem to do much except blow hot air in, if its in the 80's to 90 degree range.
Sounds like I need to install a shut off valve to my under the hood heater core to cut off coolant flow and pack the area with dry ice for some AC :laugh:

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Well as my luck has it these high quality doors will not fit the XTZ framework as my front windshield angle is off and also these doors will not work with a hard top as they are too short. The sales guy says I could underlay a soft top to fill the gap or have a small filler panel made. The hinge also has vertical bolt holes and my cage is horizontal but I can fix that. I opted to return them. Maybe they fit HTX ?

Trying to upload pics but it says security token missing...UGH !!!!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
damn ... nice door too , to bad they don't fit

would be a good wintertime door for sure , they are separate / half door configuration right , so summer use also ?????

·
Administrator
7,380 Posts
That is the problem with the older Prowler! Hard to find parts that fit! I always thought the front hoop angle was the same for all?

·
Premium Member
3,653 Posts
Their pics are a little misleading, I can see it having the gap at the top but the angle should be the same on all the square tube cages, all of the accessories from A/C fit.
Their description even says:
Please Note: Will only fit Arctic Cat Prowler's with Square Rail Cages. Will not fit Prowler's with Round Rail Cage bars.

·
Premium Member
3,653 Posts
My bolts are vertical.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
So they would fit yours Mike and RD. I should bust out my angle finder and check the front angle referenced the floor with your models. I had an accident today trying to using a cheater bar to loosten a bolt on my rear spring shackle on my truck and did a face plant into the rear bumper, I don't think my nose is broken but it hurts enough to be...It wasn't my day so I packed it in and went home to have a couple cold ones.I should just send it to the spring shop for the new bushings, I'm getting too old for this crap... I want to just ride around and enjoy the views.

Gary Yes they are a 2-piece and heavy duty canvas.

·
Administrator
7,380 Posts
Rolling with the scoop! I put the top back on, and the scoop raised the front edge of the factory top 3/4"! I'll post some pictures in the morning! Time to get ready for tonights race!

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Tim, sorry I'm late responding... Your doors fit just as my buddies did. He has STILL not received his money back and is quite PISSED! Its been 8 months!
RD and Essness met Dave, he is not one to piss off, right RD, Scot?
Actually, Dave is the easiest going guy you could meet. Too easy going and Trader Hanks is taking advantage of him, BIG TIME! They need to step up and get this crap resolved, before someone goes Prowler on their asses!

·
Administrator
7,380 Posts
Time to eliminate Trader Hanks! Bad enough trying to find support for the older Prowlers, but bad support is even worse!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
So I had an appointment today to drop off the doors at the interior shop but the weather is not cooperating (getting 3" of rain) and I need to leave for camp first thing in the morning to pull docks and winterize the camp before the weather there turns bad. I will see if they can take it next week. they want 175.00 each door to replace clear vinyl.

Reactions: de3
21 - 40 of 46 Posts