Registered
2,681 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Guys I have a 2 and 4 year. My 4 year old had no problems wearing goggles and I found a great helmet with a face sheild that fits good. My problem is with my 2 year old I can't find goggles that fit him and he wants to wear. All the helmets are to big.

What are you guys with kids doing?

Thanks
Seth
Seth, I have some AC kid goggles you can try. Try to remind me next time we go riding.

·
Registered
142 Posts
My 18 month old wears some goggles we got at the vendors in glamis I think we got them at gilmores for like $10.. They are like the separate lens style.. He usually just rips them off though but they do fit very very well.. We dont wear helmets in the prowler so I cant help you there.. if we rolled my cage is soo overbuilt that it would be unlikely it would fold..

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My 18 month old wears some goggles we got at the vendors in glamis I think we got them at gilmores for like $10.. They are like the separate lens style.. He usually just rips them off though but they do fit very very well.. We dont wear helmets in the prowler so I cant help you there.. if we rolled my cage is soo overbuilt that it would be unlikely it would fold..

If I could get him to wear some eye protection that would be great.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hey Brandon I dont think your cage will fold but what about hitting your head on the cage.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Hey Brandon I dont think your cage will fold but what about hitting your head on the cage.
Or hitting your head on the ground outside the door in a roll? I was an Idiot that didnt wear a helmet on my Yamaha 660 Grizzly (not the same) untill I flipped it in Colorado at 13,500 feet, It really rang my bell for days. Now I wont do anything offroad without a Helmet. Also I ma NOT calling you an idiot, I am just saying I was.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yeah I see where you guys are coming from.. I usually have the harnesses tight enough that hitting my head wouldnt be an issue on the ground unless we rolled over stumps or something.. and since I lowered the seats there is a ton a clearance between my head and the cage.. my little guy is still in a booster seat and we dont ride balls out with him in the back just casual cruises.. When I ride my LT250R I definitely always wear a helmet.. I do have to say lowering the seats was the best mod by far that I have done for rollover protection.. It makes it soo much more stable..

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have had no luck either finding a helmet for my 20month old. But I got a neck brace at north valley Honda and small Scott goggles at the Arctic cat dealer in Avondale.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Any luck on kids helmets and goggles?

Went to my dealer looking for helmet for my youngest and they told me to go to a bicycle shop and get a kids helmet there.
As they are a lot lighter and kids sizes are popular.

I have not got the chance to check it out yet as my 650 is under the knife currently.
I think it should be ready to go by the weekend.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Went to my dealer looking for helmet for my youngest and they told me to go to a bicycle shop and get a kids helmet there.

I have not got the chance to check it out yet as my 650 is under the knife currently.
Great idea, let us know what you come up with

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
583 Posts

My son wore a bicycle helmet until he was about 3 yrs, then we found a youth small size motocross helmet that fit him. Don't laugh but medical supply stores may also be an alternative if you can't find a good bicycle helmet. You would just need to put some stickers or something on them.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I think the advantage to the bike helmets are the weight difference. The heavy motocross helmets I think are too heavy for the kids necks getting whipped back and forth.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts