Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
what happened to our buddy darryl in the big race,updates please!!
Broke, broke and broke....
Broke a CV during pre-running, fixed it. Then nailed a big rock going over the top of a hill, breaking another CV and axle... broken CVs and axles was common out there, as was entire wheels and a-arms being ripped off..
Officially, ended up in 29th out of 40. Some didn't even make it 400 yards into the course...
But it was a blast. Todd Stephensen finished 2nd overall and 1st in Production 1000 with his D&P built Wildcat...way to go Todd...

Time for some super duty CVs...

1 of 2 Can Ams...both looked like this before the week was over..

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Broke, broke and broke....
Broke a CV during pre-running, fixed it. Then nailed a big rock going over the top of a hill, breaking another CV and axle... broken CVs and axles was common out there, as was entire wheels and a-arms being ripped off..
Officially, ended up in 29th out of 40. Some didn't even make it 400 yards into the course...
But it was a blast. Todd Stephensen finished 2nd overall and 1st in Production 1000 with his D&P built Wildcat...way to go Todd...

Time for some super duty CVs...

1 of 2 Can Ams...both looked like this before the week was over..

[

IMG]http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm91/DarrylD89/IMG_0398.jpg[/IMG]

Darryl

Glad you finally got out there and gave it a go. It takes so much time energy and money to make it all work. Please get in touch with Turner Axles and speak to Cassidy the owners daughter and let them set you up with axles. Talk to the owner and let him know what you are doing out there and maybe they can help you on the price. You may have to pay a bit upfront but I can assure you it would have cost less then all the time and effort you put into going to the KOH race. Not to mention the cost of the spare parts you are going to go through. Thanks again for representing AC and the Prowler will bring it one of these days. Don't give up. Stay in the fight!

Regards,

Todd

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Darryl

Glad you finally got out there and gave it a go. It takes so much time energy and money to make it all work. Please get in touch with Turner Axles and speak to Cassidy the owners daughter and let them set you up with axles. Talk to the owner and let him know what you are doing out there and maybe they can help you on the price. You may have to pay a bit upfront but I can assure you it would have cost less then all the time and effort you put into going to the KOH race. Not to mention the cost of the spare parts you are going to go through. Thanks again for representing AC and the Prowler will bring it one of these days. Don't give up. Stay in the fight!

Regards,

Todd

Thanks Todd, I plan on getting hold of Turner. If I had good CVs, I think I would've been a top 5er perhaps. The rest of the car was top notch. I had to take it easy throughout what I did run though after breaking that one axle and CV (broke it in the first mile, Casey Currie knocked a rock the size of a camping cooler off the side wall right in front of me and I went right over it with the car, heard it hit and felt the axle let go right away.

But yes, I'll keep charging with it... we learned several things about the car this week though. Still glad to have been a part of it... awesome experience...

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry about your misfortune. sounds like you had a hell of a time. after all thats why we do this stuff right? keep up the awesum job!!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Darryl

Don't know what to say but keep at it.
You are fortunate enough to do the things I can only dream about.

Best of luck and when is your next race?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Darryl

Don't know what to say but keep at it.
You are fortunate enough to do the things I can only dream about.

Best of luck and when is your next race?
Thanks, racing is just the end test of modifications and such, then we break it, fix it, race it and then break it again...all part of the process.

Next race that I'm going to make is in April, the Dirt Riot Mountain Series in Moab, Utah. After that, the Cinco de Baja 150 in Albuquerque, NM. Then more Dirt Riot in June (Colorado Springs) and July (Cortez, CO). Then the biggie, Vegas To Reno in August if the car is doing better...

Thanks again. I don't consider breaking a failure, I consider it a learning and testing process for the car...eventually, it'll be in the winners circle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts