Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

leaning tower of prowler

8K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  PROWLER 21 
#1 ·
OK..the good news the king shocks look work excellent and i got my 10" clearance back...

the bad news, my prowler still leans to the left.

I am a big guy but this is ridiculous. Even with the new shocks adjusted (1/2 " more prelaod on the left) i still see a lean. The weird thing is that all the frame points on the back that i could measure are equal.:eek:

2 things i did;

1. take off the sway bar
2. the lower a-arm mounts on both sides were smashed from trail riding...I cut the bent over tabs off thinkin the were restricting the arm from moving fully.

What did i miss? Any one got any clues?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Fox may have something but not sure about King Shocks:D There is no one in the vehicle in those pix....:rolleyes: Its just leaning..and it leaned with the stock junkers in it as well...Maybe the frame is twisted...

#6 ·
check the air in all 4 tires (equal pressure) and park on a level surface and use your tape measure to check the frame heights and any other point of refrence around the car on each side and you will find where its sitting high or low. but start with fixed points like the frame.

#10 ·
When you got out after parking it there did you rock it back and forth to let the suspension set into place? If you just hopped out and took the pic, more than likely the shocks are just compressed from you being in it. Hop up and down on it and let the shocks settle into a natural resting place and then see what it looks like.

#11 ·
Leaning cat

Split
I have a 09 700 xtx that leaned to the left(driver side) from the 1st day I brought it home. Mine was the the rear sway bar. The more you tighten one side the more it will compress that side. Check to see how many threads are showing on each side. I simply put a few more turns on the passenger side of the rear sway bar and mine leveled out. I hope this is it, its a simple fix.

Roger1

#12 ·
leaning cat

Split

I dont know if my 1st post went through. I have a 09 700 xtx that was leaning from the 1st day I brought it home. The rear sway bar needs to be adjusted. Mine had 5 threads showing on the drivers side and barely 2 on the passenger. I simply tightened the passenger side sway bar adjustment to 5 threads showing and mine leveled out. I hope this is it, it is a simple fix.

Roger

#13 ·
yeah chance,, rocked the crud outta it..still sits cockeyed...and yeah Roger1 i pulled the sway bar off, I also ground the smashed "L" tabs off the bottom of the A-Arms so the arms can move freely up n down..i also put the sway bar back on and cranked it down a bit more on the pass side...see why i am soo frustrated? i think i have done everything short of a laser alignment..!! :D Keep the suggestions coming though! i am bound to run into one i havent tried...

#14 ·
Have you had someone follow you to see if it looks like it is leaning when you are using the suspension? I have seen Utvs that sit all weird when parked but work just fine out and about.

Maybe you could just sit in the passenger seat for a while with a full tank of gas and beer and it will even out some?

If you pick up on the driver side after you park it, can you make it sit even?

#15 ·
I think you stated that it was leaning before you changed the shocks.I wonder if the one of the shocks is low on gas?Or one of the suspension bushings is binding not letting it come back to ride height on that side?Throwing some stuff out that is coming to mind.
Just put the beer on your girls side and call it good.Or maybe let her drive.That might even it out.I know when i let my girl drive mine gets much better gas mileage.

#17 ·
dammit, i already got 350#/400# lb dual rate springs!! i mean i am a big guy but sheesh...and sandchris,,it does even out with me in the passenger side..lol ahh heck, maybe i just throw the keg in there on the right side an even it out..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.