Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is involved with a lift kit on a prowler, any negatives complication etc. i am thinking just a 2 or a 2.5 am wanting to go to 27 or 28 inch tires for mud and just want info from those who have been lifted for awhile.
thanks,
tim

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a Highlifter, 2" for a 650 prowler. I bought it because someone told me it would fit my 1000, but needless to say...It would not be put together right. I don't want to jeapordize my warranty yet. I'm willing to sell it.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i appreciate the replys, i am not quite ready to lift but will follow up when i am set to go.
tim

·
Registered
103 Posts
A 2.5 lift will put your axles at a bad angle and the will break alot easier. I put the extreme 2.5 on mine last spring with 30" mud lites and I broke 5 axles in 5 trips and that was going easy on it. Also the rear axles really heat up if you go over 30 mph. Mine would get so hot that they would blow the gear oil out the seals.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i would think the lift and tires can do a lot of damage, that is why i am not completely sold on the idea, i definately will wait till the warranty is out.
thanks all,
tim

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
A 2.5 lift will put your axles at a bad angle and the will break alot easier. I put the extreme 2.5 on mine last spring with 30" mud lites and I broke 5 axles in 5 trips and that was going easy on it. Also the rear axles really heat up if you go over 30 mph. Mine would get so hot that they would blow the gear oil out the seals.

I have had zero problems but i am also only running 26" tires. My axles are in good working condition and I have been running this kit for 12 months. Sand dunes, snow, rock crawling you name it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
103 Posts
The big tires helped but i ran them with out the lift and had no problems. Put the lift on and i couldnt make it one trip with out busting a axle. And the hot rear cv's is all the lifts fault. Not saying dont do it just letting you know some of the down side.

·
Registered
3 Posts
On the oil issue the cat dealer had me use 10w40 synthetic oil. I have had no issues sync. They sad the gear oil creates air in the bottom of case and the oil was riding on the top of the air pushing it out the vent. The thiner oil stays in the bottom of the case.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I bought a kit for the 650 and 700 from extreme products and it is the snap on of lift kits. I am possibly in the market to see the kit if your interested? I am getting read to remove my rear suspension and do a make over. This kit gives you about 2.5" of lift and make your center ground clearance at least 13". Let me know if you need more info.

I would like to put a lift kit on my 700hdx (2013).Who is extreme products and where do I contact them?I have 28" mudzillas but it is still very low.

·
Registered
404 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
yes, that is what I was looking for but by time I get the kit here it would be about 400 dollars.Not sure I want to spend that much as cat dealer claims i'll break more axles.
In my own honest opinion. There is not enough cv pitch change from a new lift to cause that much more axle wear. I have ran a 2 in lift on my atv for over ten years it is also shorter and has much more pitch than any prowler. and it has never had a single axle issue.

However the tires are going to be what tears up your axles. Do do the extra large foot print and much more aggressive tread pattern and the added traction.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
In my own honest opinion. There is not enough cv pitch change from a new lift to cause that much more axle wear. I have ran a 2 in lift on my atv for over ten years it is also shorter and has much more pitch than any prowler. and it has never had a single axle issue.

However the tires are going to be what tears up your axles. Do do the extra large foot print and much more aggressive tread pattern and the added traction.
I agree chaz,the 2'' lift I just put on mine didn't affect the axle pitch much at all.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts