Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well since I don't live in the desert and what we have here is snow and mud clearence and width are a problem. I can't go any wider so a huge lift kit is not in the cards for me but need a little more hieght. I ordered new springs from Jegs they should be here next week. I don't think a 2" is that hard to build got something in the works for that. I'm tring to stay away from getting bigger tires but may have too. I would like to know what I'm going to loose with bigger tires. I would like to go with 28's. I have had bad experences with putting big tires on my poo's lost to much off the top.
Thanks

·
Registered
682 Posts
px3, If groind clearance is your issue the only way to cure is to put bigger tires on your cat. That being said you can only put bigger tires if you can clear the fenders and other under carriage parts.So, The lift will be essential for lots bigger tires. I think Plowboy has the ticket for that. As far as power Airdam, Adam, can do some work on your clutch that will help your low end without putting a bunch of money in engine mods. Good luck with you upgrades.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Larger tires are an easy way to lift your vehicle but too tall of a tire will put stress on the drivetrain components. 28's are probably as tall as you want to go if money is tight. Taller than that will cost you more money to keep it on the trails.
I know a guy with 32's on his Teryx and he has had to modify the clutch, gears and has now installed a custom gear reduction kit just so that he can turn them while in the deep stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts