Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a light-bar for my 2015 HDX. looking for pictures/ideas as to what others have used and some mounting suggestions.

I plan to eventually get a new windshield and roof, so I'm not sure how that will affect things.

·
Registered
254 Posts
i would wait for the light bar until you get your roof. there are alot of dealers dumping the older cab parts cheap on craigslist now that arctic cat went to textron.
i have been looking for a bar myself. my issue is that i drive through low hanging trees alot so a standard light bar would get ripped off. i was thinking about getting a single row light bar that fits as low as possible to the roof line.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I also drive where branches are a concern. I was thinking maybe mounting it on the hood with a large metal bracket underneath to keep it from ripping off - not sure if that's a good idea.

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
I'd suggest Superbrite,s LED headlight kit. Really provides great light, and reduces the power draw on the electrical system. They run specials often.

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
6 lights and only 1 wiring harness ? 38.5 amp draw will definitely be a add-on alternator.

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
Keep one, sell the rest, break even? LOL Lights are like oil! All good products, owner preference decides!

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
I didn't buy it, yet. Just thinking about it I have no need for the 52"er. No place to put it, since I constantly change tops on the Prowler. I would split up the rest between my Prowler, truck and John Deere. But, I'm still thinking. I'll sell the 52"er for $199, if anyone wants it! :)

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
All of the new machines out there and we are still putting stuff on the Prowlers! LOL, that should say something!

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Means that we are cheap asses that won't buy new machines. Lets change the name to Ford. Fix Or Repair Daily! :)

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
New machines are nice, but me trying to explain value to wife is like beating a dead horse! Not gonna fly regardless of any spin I can put on it! LOL

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Unless I find a real deal, I won't be buying anything soon. I'ld be keeping the Prowler anyway, for plowing and around home/farm use. Wife would like a four seater for taking passengers along, so I know I could have the green light, if I found one.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
All of the new machines out there and we are still putting stuff on the Prowlers! LOL, that should say something!
My prowler was down for a year cause I was pissed at it. Snapped the front shaft inside the case. During the last year I have been using my buddies 15 900 ranger. Many things about he ranger I really liked but a few weeks ago I got my prowler back together. Now I remember why I love it. Same tires, same mud holes and swamps, I drive through it then turn around and winch the Rangers through it. I like the bench seat and power steering on the ranger (and how quiet they are) but I love the ability to rip through the mud and in the trees with the "honey badger" cause it just keeps going where other rigs get buried.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
looking for a light-bar for my 2015 HDX. looking for pictures/ideas as to what others have used and some mounting suggestions.

I plan to eventually get a new windshield and roof, so I'm not sure how that will affect things.

I haven't read the whole thread yet butttt ...

care where you mount lights IF your a woods rider or rock garden guy ... the tight woods trails like to rip off the lights that are mounted high [above roof line] and side mounted off the roll cage ... need to make them as protected as you can but yet useful
overhead tree limbs and dead down trees that you go under etc like to rip them off for you.

be sure to fill in your location and signature lines .. helps us to answer questions

1 - 16 of 16 Posts