Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should say that my new wildcat sport has the worst headlights ever put on a machine......I would think that a 55 watt halogen bulb would be brighter,I took out my amber led bulbs,so I could try the factory ones,you can't even see after dark to ride it I do know my bumper does block some of the light,good thing for light bars,I got on the internet and found a set of led bulbs that are 3,800 lum's on high and 2,200 lum's on low,which would be perfect,but they have drivers and fans,and the supplier told me they are not for mud or water.......

·
Administrator
7,304 Posts
The factory puts lights on these things so you can drive at night, and they never tried them! If I keep my speeds below 5mph, I don't over drive the factory headlights! LOL

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The factory puts lights on these things so you can drive at night, and they never tried them! If I keep my speeds below 5mph, I don't over drive the factory headlights! LOL
RD My lights are so bad that when a car passes me i have to stop....:(

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
some of the newer models have a lot better lights......I think the new prowler do.......

·
Administrator
7,304 Posts
Almost think that should be an available option on these things! I'd order them!

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
You are right. just like the lower pins on the Eagle snow plows. If they would hook it up, they would see their pins suck! GM headlight bulb replacement. Who the hell thought of this! See pic to replace the headlight bulbs on my GMC... This engineer needs needs his two hanging buds removed!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
This engineer needs needs his two hanging buds removed!
Wow ain't that a "special deal" for you to have to do for a damnn bulb replacement ... agree castrate that SOB

·
Administrator
7,304 Posts
That has to be the worst case of engineering yet! Trade the truck in when you have a headlight burn out! LOL

·
Registered
813 Posts
It is even more fun when you need to change out a bulb on an Impala, only the fenders stay on. Owners manual even states "lamp replacement return to your authorized dealer."

Reactions: de3

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just bought a set of these to try,I can tell these have a much bright white look to them,the factory ones had a dirty color look......and they do make a 881 kit for the prowlers.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
It is even more fun when you need to change out a bulb on an Impala, only the fenders stay on. Owners manual even states "lamp replacement return to your authorized dealer."
Yep, my brother has one and was complaining about the headlights today. He's replaces his own, the dealer wants 300 bucks.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
much better than the factory bulbs,first picture low beam second picture high beam.......

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,304 Posts
You convinced me!

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
I just bought a set of these to try,I can tell these have a much bright white look to them,the factory ones had a dirty color look......and they do make a 881 kit for the prowlers.
Thats what I installed in my truck! They don't seem to throw alot of "Blue" light. I do notice more distance with them than I did with the standard 55 watters that were in mine, before. I like them...

·
Administrator
7,304 Posts
Picked them up! I put them in my fog light housings!

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Good idea!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I guess my wildcat lights, even with the factory bulbs were better than I thought,after I got to looking,I have 1'' of up and down adjustment and my lights were adjusted all the way up,I guess that's why i was seeing the tree branches above me and not on the road.....I did order a LED Conversion kit from superbrightled yesterday,the high beams are 1,200 lum's and the low beam is 1000 lums per bulb and only draw 1.4 amps.....several other members on the facebook sites and the wildcat forum run these lights and love them....The copper fins are cooling fins.never seen nothing like them before,99 dollars a set and I have a 30 days to see if i like them and if i don't i get full refund back,and they also have a 2 year warranty......:)

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,304 Posts
Looks like the bulbs I use in my fog lights! I bought two sets, one Cool White (Blue), and one Bright White (Normal), Cool White rated at 35W, and the Bright rated at 55W. I use the fog lights on the trails, and highway to make sure I'm seen!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks like the bulbs I use in my fog lights! I bought two sets, one Cool White (Blue), and one Bright White (Normal), Cool White rated at 35W, and the Bright rated at 55W. I use the fog lights on the trails, and highway to make sure I'm seen!
RD if you get a chance get on superbrightled.com and check out these lights,they have a comparision chart,these lights even have depth to them........they also have a water proof starter,its just not bulbs only.

·
Administrator
7,304 Posts
Thanks de3! Always interested in stuff like that! I'll go there next!

1 - 20 of 144 Posts