Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my constant quest to be overprepared I got the idea to slap a pullstarter on my prowler so a bad battery/starter won't ruin a weekend. Looking at these diagrams I think I just need to remove the spacer, part#4 on prowler diagram and bolt the cup and pullstarter on right?

Attachments

·
Registered
294 Posts
They make a recoil kit for the ATV's which we all know are the same engine and it comes with everything needed

·
Registered
294 Posts
On page 29 of the 2010 accessory book. part number 1436-002. It will also come with one side cover piece for an atv which you could just discard.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I can tell you that my 2002 Yamaha Grizzly 660 was VERY hard to start with the pull starter. Dont know haw hard a prowler would be.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On page 29 of the 2010 accessory book. part number 1436-002. It will also come with one side cover piece for an atv which you could just discard.
It looks like that kit comes with an o ring too? I can't tell the pic is too small and the description just says "hardware" I already have the pullstarter, cup and nut and I was wondering if when I pulled the spacer out and put the cup on if I would need to replace the oil seal and o-ring. Thanks for the help

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
In my constant quest to be overprepared I got the idea to slap a pullstarter on my prowler so a bad battery/starter won't ruin a weekend. Looking at these diagrams I think I just need to remove the spacer, part#4 on prowler diagram and bolt the cup and pullstarter on right?

When I adjusted my valves you remove this cover to turn over the motor and I have every thing inside just the picture on the left. If I could get my hands on the recoil cover I can try it and give you guys some feed back. Any laying around Chris????

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've got no dog in this fight but I'll chime in on overcoming the clearance issue for pulling the rope on a prowler. Take your snatchblock and attach it to either the front post of roll cage or the overhead crossmember, get another piece of stout line and tie to pull handle, run it thru block, and then tie a wrench to the end. Grab the wrench with both hands and put your back into the pull. Not only have you rerouted the pull line, you have gained mechanical advantage.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When I adjusted my valves you remove this cover to turn over the motor and I have every thing inside just the picture on the left. If I could get my hands on the recoil cover I can try it and give you guys some feed back. Any laying around Chris????
So the 06 prowlers came with the starter cup mounted? I'm going to go ahead and order the oil seal before I pull the spacer out just incase I screw anything up. I bought a used pullstarter from a guy that has a few if you are interested.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts