Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined the forum because I am going to look at a 2010 700 XTX Prowler tomorrow. What should I be sure to look for? What are the "weak" points of this model? Any recommendations and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I have a 2009 700 XTX LE and its GREAT! The only thing I think needs work are the shocks. I dont think you can go wrong with the 700.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Almost 1,000

·
Registered
291 Posts
i have a 2009 700 xtx with 2000 miles and have had minimal problems, and believe me i have tested it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Inspected it - more questions

I looked at and drove the 2010 Arctic Cat Prowler and have some questions. The unit is pretty low mileage and looks to be in quite good condition. However, when I drove it, it was really jerking around at low speed (or slight accelerator pedal pressure). This was both starting off and slowing down. Is this normal or is it probably because I need to "learn" the Prowler accelerator characteristics. Also, the exhaust seems to be noisy (at least noisier than a Ranger a friend has). This is important to me since it will primarily be used on a game ranch. Is the Prowler exhaust usually pretty noisy?

Thanks for helping since I don't have any experience with a Prowler.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have not heard anything about the 700 being jerky. I own a 650 so I don't have first hand experience. Mine is pretty quiet most of the time. It does have a slight whistle under heavy acceleration though.
Must be nice to hear that whistle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts