Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dennis,
What happened to your motor?
I am new to this so I hope you are able to read this, I bought this machine from a guy that said the tranny was damaged, it started and ran fine, I took the motor off the machine, and took it to the dealer in Springfield,IL. when disassembled it looked as though a stick of dyamite was lit in it and exploded, case cracked and most gears ruined., just my luck, now I'm on the hunt for a new motor. my daughter is the head of her local church's youth group in a small town in MO., her and her husband take the older youth camping alot and I was going to get it running and give it to them so they can use it when they take the kids camping.

thanks for asking
Dennis

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I am new to this so I hope you are able to read this, I bought this machine from a guy that said the tranny was damaged, it started and ran fine, I took the motor off the machine, and took it to the dealer in Springfield,IL. when disassembled it looked as though a stick of dyamite was lit in it and exploded, case cracked and most gears ruined., just my luck, now I'm on the hunt for a new motor. my daughter is the head of her local church's youth group in a small town in MO., her and her husband take the older youth camping alot and I was going to get it running and give it to them so they can use it when they take the kids camping.

thanks for asking
Dennis
P.S did I post this right?
I guess I didnt, I see its on here twice, I'M sorry guys, I will get better, I promise

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Well, that sucks but I know how you feel. I purchased my Prowler broken as well. I figured it was going to be broken bevel gears from the research I did. But when I tore the motor apart I found in addition to broken bevels, it had cracked the case and bent the through shaft. So it ended up costing me more than I had hoped. One recommendation if you do find another motor is make sure you install the new style bevel gears to hopefully avoid this issue from happening again.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts