Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, fall is just around the corner here and the temps are going to start getting cold. I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for enclosing my prowler to keep the cold weather out. I noticed on e bay that there was a full soft cab enclosure on there including soft windshield, doors roof and back window. the price is really right, just wondering what you guys recommend..

Thanks for any ideas guys, I never go wrong when I listen to the ideas on here :D
Mitch

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I bought a used '07 Prowler that came with a full windshield and factory soft top & doors. The doors don't seal very well at the bottom or the back, there's a about a 1/2" gap at the bottom. The doors use magnets to stay closed and one of the problems I had was with a strong wind they would come open while driving. The material does a decent job of keeping the rain out but you can sure feel the cold air come in with a strong cross wind. The back window is a plastic roll down attached to the roof. What brand are you looking at?

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
cab

almostxprowler how you doing,i know the factory articcat hard cab would be the best.but the price is almost half of what the prowler cost.try www.bestoputv.com,you can get them through tucker rocky.i dont know how good they are.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
The hard factory cab's are extremely NOISY!
Look great but echo when you talk. And absoutly crazy loud when driving.
Would have to spend some $ on sound deader to knock it down.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
cab

thanks riddler28 for info on cab,i didnt think a hard cab would be like that,so it echos alot.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Yep a guy in our group has a 09 700xtx with the factory hard cab kit.
I rode in it and it is loud inside and yes echo's all over the cab.
The factory soft cab is nice and ton's quieter.
The 2 in my group have had to install more snaps on the front cage pillar and use a bungee cord between the doors.... With those mod's done they trailer very nice and do not get torn up.

I have never seen a soft ft. windshield like the one almostx talks about so I cannot elaborate or give input on that.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info guys, riddler this looks like an excellent top option. i'll be calling them tomorrow to see what I can done up.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I put a snap on the lower pull tab of the door and fastened it to the panel just under the seat. for some reason when the windows are up and going just over 40 mph on the road the doors will pop open about 6", I think it is a vacuum created from the flat windshield.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
The hard factory cab's are extremely NOISY!
Look great but echo when you talk. And absoutly crazy loud when driving.
Would have to spend some $ on sound deader to knock it down.
Makes me feel better about my soft cab, as for anything to deadened sound I've tried Dynamat XTREME and their Hoodliner on top of that on under side of the engine cover. Didn't do much good, I think most of the noise I have now comes from the gap between the bed and the seats.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
so that dynomat didnt make any difference thanks for info,it made a big difference when i took off that high flo intake. only half the noise now..........

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, mine got a lot louder when I installed the snorkels and swamp exhaust. At least people know its me when they hear me coming :)

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Here's what I put in mine as far as I'm concerned if was a waste of money & time. The noise is just the nature of the beast, I saw a used 2010 Polaris Ranger for sale and took if for a ride for the hell of it. It wasn't near as loud you could hear each other talk. Got a friend who just bought a new Ranger Crew, I hope to hit the mud with him sometime and see if I can leave him buried.

2012-08-13 21.35.43.jpg 2012-08-13 21.35.52.jpg 2012-08-13 21.36.05.jpg

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Makes me feel better about my soft cab, as for anything to deadened sound I've tried Dynamat XTREME and their Hoodliner on top of that on under side of the engine cover. Didn't do much good, I think most of the noise I have now comes from the gap between the bed and the seats.
My 2011 xtz has a panel that goes between the seat base and the bed and seals up the gap.
Check it out it may help...
Check out assy. #18
OUCH looks like it's $215 ....
World of Powersports' 2011 Arctic Cat ATV PROWLER XTZ WHITE [U2011P4W1PUSW] Parts List

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
you are right mike thats just the nature of them.the noise isnt a big deal to me anymore now.i bet that panel kit did make a difference.i run after market pipes anyways.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I looked at those parts on a new Prowler but don't think they would work on mine unless I would snorkel or do something else with my air vents.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts