Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
After reading much over the tie rod problem, Mike @ Prestigemotorsports online seems to have come to a fix with his new stronger tie rods w heims. But then another discussion states weaker link now at steering box and more likely to break there.. Another one states stock tie rod with reenforcers. So with all the research I have done and site to site readings. I was hoping to get some feedback on everything before I made up my mind which way to go. Arctic cat wants you to purchase the whole rack and pinion for 400.00. My pocket book is not that deep... any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi Baby, Welcome to the sight. I would change the ends to prestige. I haven't heard of any broken racks.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
just remember if you upgrade the tie rods you run the risk of breaking the steering rack aor rack mou nting plate. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks we were able to get just the tie rod to fix the artic cat. We are gonna put reenforces and am looking into aluminum skid plates. Unfortunately the rods are still exposed. We have looked at the Rockzilla rack and pinion if we break something else. We may go with this secondary to the stronger steering box and 21 or 22 mm tie rods. Any feed back on the Rockzilla?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Thanks we were able to get just the tie rod to fix the artic cat. We are gonna put reenforces and am looking into aluminum skid plates. Unfortunately the rods are still exposed. We have looked at the Rockzilla rack and pinion if we break something else. We may go with this secondary to the stronger steering box and 21 or 22 mm tie rods. Any feed back on the Rockzilla?
You will need to reinforce the mounting plate for the rack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts