Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently sold my Yamaha Rhino and am currently looking for a new machine, wondering about the Prowler 550, what do you all think?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
The 550 is pretty impressive.
It has no limiters.
And it will give my 650 a good run for it's money.
I have cdi, airdam, header pipe, 700bbk. I am heavier with larger heavy tires.
and the 550 was bone stock with soft cab kit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
450 Rhino

Other than having an annoying brake squeal from the day I bought it new I can't say much bad about the Rhino, it was an 08, 450 Special Edition. It was my first UTV, I previously had a Sportsman 500 ATV. I have a club in Waterford, Maine, Pulpit Rock Trail Blazah's, we are on Facebook. We enjoy weekend rides and don't do any competition events. I like a comfortable ride with enough power to get me where I need to go, I was hoping the Prowler was a little quieter than the Rhino even after a windshield and back window are added, probably won't put a full cab on it but you never know. Top speed was 37, wouldn't mind just a little more.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just bought a 550 prowler 2009 brand new. I havent driven it yet. But my brother has. He said it got up to 55 on the speedo and seemed to have more in it. Also said it pops right off and is pretty quite.
I am hopin to go and get it this weekend. Then I will see for sure what it can do and how quite it is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts