Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I'm new to this and just wanted to say hi and I hope to be able to have questioned answered with all your guises help. I have an 07 prowler and just got an 07 sv1 I've looked around a lot and seen that they have nice set ups with the SV1 for rhinos from WELLER RACING but does anyone know if there is a kit for the prowler. Thanks everyone in advance for any help

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Not sure what SV1 is? Can you expand your question a little? Again welcome, and other members will jump in as this is a very helpful bunch!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response and yes I'm sure it will be very useful. It's a Suzuki SV 1000 Vtwin. I looked on old posts and seen some replays from a user soazcat on using this same engine

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Welcome to the site!

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
So you are talking about an engine swap on the 07 Prowler? At one point in time the 700 was a Suzuki Motor, then Arctic Cat built their own 700, and 1000. Not sure when the switched, but pricing hop up parts for the Suzuki is out of sight! As far as a kit goes', I doubt if they have anything for the Prowlers, kind of an orphan!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah that's what it seems like but I thought maybe since WELLER RACING does a swap from rhino to a SV1 maybe someone has done the same but for a prowler kit. If you know of anyone that has anyone in mind please let me know but yeah it seems to be an orphan. Iv only seen one person do a hayabusa swap in a prowler

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I've heard of swaps, but have not seen any pictures, or info on one. I've been collecting Prowler stuff for my machine as I plan on keeping until I fail, or it fails, whichever comes first! LOL

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I've heard of swaps, but have not seen any pictures, or info on one. I've been collecting Prowler stuff for my machine as I plan on keeping until I fail, or it fails, whichever comes first! LOL
I run my stuff until it's ready for the scrap yard, but trading for new stuff is tempting:cool:

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Yeah that's what it seems like but I thought maybe since WELLER RACING does a swap from rhino to a SV1 maybe someone has done the same but for a prowler kit. If you know of anyone that has anyone in mind please let me know but yeah it seems to be an orphan. Iv only seen one person do a hayabusa swap in a prowler
Welcome to the best prowler site ,looks like you have a good looking prowler i do know a guy that put a 800 can-am Rotax in a prowler.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I love my sv1000 I couldn't imagine dropping the engine into any side by side. 1000cc Vtwin 11000rpm redline 120hp 100ft/lb torque.It would be crazy fun!

Not a whole a lot of performance parts for the sv though unless you go across seas to the uk. Unfortunately the 1000 is the sv650s big brother that was never accepted. Beyond going exotic parts about all you can do is a pipe programmer and k and n filter along with a versa clutch kit. You can also block off the pc valve and get a lil more power out of it.

But they are a very reliable motor as long as you keep them level. The oiling system isn't the greatest as ppl have used them as stunt machines and have burnt out the front cylinders in as little as 10k miles. So I wouldn't recommend using the motor as a hill climbing machine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I know but I just want it reliable so I probably won't do much to the motor besides the easy bolt on things. K&N, exhaust , programmer that's about it. The motor now is only about 40hp so the SV1 will b great.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just want more power due to the amount of weight that has been added to it. Ill b using to climb the hills but not trying to race it just dune it around with my family and friends with their toys. I hope the swap goes good.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
good luck with your project and welcome to the family!!!!

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Sounds like a great project! Now that you wet our appetites, you have to keep us updated with pictures!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I just want more power due to the amount of weight that has been added to it. Ill b using to climb the hills but not trying to race it just dune it around with my family and friends with their toys. I hope the swap goes good.
Sounds great keep us posted with pictures...................:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks de3 i will. Well I jus got my engine yesterday I would post a pic but haven't figured out how or even how to start a new thread. Any know how?

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Thanks de3 i will. Well I jus got my engine yesterday I would post a pic but haven't figured out how or even how to start a new thread. Any know how?
You can start a new thread under the project section,go to the top of the home page and hit forums,and all the different sections will come up.I can start it for you.......................:)

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Yumadunner I started a new thread for you.................:) Its called street bike build for a Prowler.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yee-ha:D

moved and edited from other thread

1 - 20 of 21 Posts