Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Prowler 700 XTX with tilt steering. The steering wheel is loose, has about an inch of play in it that makes it hard to drive. I was thinking about replacing the tilt mechanism with the updated AC part number 0505-886 and was wondering if they fixed this problem?

Any input would be great from you guys that have 2012 and newer prowlers. Thx

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I have a 2009 Prowler 700 XTX with tilt steering. The steering wheel is loose, has about an inch of play in it that makes it hard to drive. I was thinking about replacing the tilt mechanism with the updated AC part number 0505-886 and was wondering if they fixed this problem?

Any input would be great from you guys that have 2012 and newer prowlers. Thx
There has been some members that have changed over to the non tilt.....we have a member with a 2012 he should chime in and let you know if they changed them........I do know they say not to pull yourself in the buggy by grabbing a hold of the wheel.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I had a 2010 xtx and my steering had the same play in it. There was a member on here, haven't heard from him in a while but he did the straight steering shaft replacement and said it tightened it right up. Sorry I have no personal experience with this replacement but if I still had my Prowler this would have definitely been an upgrade I would have done.. I didn't really use the tilt much and from what I hear the non-tilt models never had this problem.

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
I have a 2009 XTX, and there is some play in the steering. Has not been an issue yet, but will keep the tilt wheel if I need to repair it!

·
Registered
733 Posts

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Looks great! I keep looking at steering wheels, but usually find something else that I need! Wheels (stock) and the 28" DOT tires are getting mounted. Inspection is next week, then get the new title, and plates! GEICO insurance was able to provide coverage at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info. I'm still trying to figure out if Arctic Cat has fixed the steering issue with the updated part number without dropping $150.

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Not sure if the universals can be serviced, but doubtful knowing Arctic Cat

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
I've had mine apart a couple of times, never looked at the tilt connector/flexible joint. No service part is listed, only a complete assembly. Another thing to replace when it fails! Mine is still tight.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I've had mine apart a couple of times, never looked at the tilt connector/flexible joint. No service part is listed, only a complete assembly. Another thing to replace when it fails! Mine is still tight.
I'm sure the new ones have to be better,that would suck to have to buy the whole column..............:(

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Three assemblies, upper shaft, lower shaft, and tilt assembly. As they wear it is magnified by 3, assuming all components wear the same!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts