Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well we had a really nice day yesterday in the 70's and today its kind of crappy out. the plan was to get the oil and air filter changed out yesterday and start up on our 300+ mile weekend ride. well that didnt happen. everytime i change oil i have a ritual to check the odd things on the rig like air pressure, ball joints, wheel bearings, and u-joints.
well i got to my u-joint and its shot. i didnt hear anything odd last ride but there isnt anything holding it together. i can twist the drive shaft and touch the shaft knuckles together back and forth.
this is the only bad part about owning an arctic cat at the moment. the nearest dealer is over an hour away. so i decided to just have one shipped. no ride until thursday at the earliest. this is the second u-joint i have replaced and now im thinking of getting one for the shelf. its not that they are short lived, i got over 6400 miles on this rig so they did hold up. also im not too easy on it when it works. it pulls some pretty good weight.
so with that i guess its time to get some of the odd things i wanted to get done to it since its parked. sounds like a pretty good storm moving into the central US later this week so i might have to get that stuff done quick too. it cannot fit in my shed and my garage i have been told is off limits lol.

·
Administrator
7,279 Posts
That is what surprised me about the Prowler XTX! No U-joints! They used a chamfered driveshaft and flange front and rear. I swapped out my turf saver rear, but the XT models use a U-joint. Must be that the Turf Saver is not as hard on the driveshaft components!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts