Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what might be wrong. I have a 2008 650 prowler and when braking it makes a loud clattering sound. Originally I thought it was coming from the brakes, but my local dealer did an upgrade on the brakes and replaced the brake pads and rotor. Well the sound is still there and it is quite annoying every time I brake to hear it. I wondered if it was coming from the transmission or something. Anyone experienced this??

·
Registered
46 Posts
i have an 07 and my cousin has an 08... we both have the same problem and we havent switched anything.... we cant see nothing really wrong either

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the same problem on my 07. It is the brakes making the noise and there isn't much to do to stop it. My dealer change the rotor and the pads. He said the rotor was warped. He called Artic Cat and they said this noise is coming from vibration when braking because the rotor is on the driveline, and yes it is annoying.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That kinda sucks. I feel like I scare any deer or elk on the mountain every time I stop. I was hoping there was a fix. Thanks for responding. Ron.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts