1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
I have a set in my garage if you want to take them and try it you are welcome to.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Isn't the ride height lower on the XTZ compared to the XT and XTX? Would it still work or would it just change the ride height in the rear?

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
The upper shock mounts are different.You would have to cut your old ones off and make a new shock mount to use the xtz shock.I don't think the xtz shock is worth it personally.
I agree that the shocks that come on the XTZ are junk. I have a set with A-arms if some one wants to buy them for dirt cheap. Damn that's not a good sales pitch is it.:D

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
I agree on the week shocks, but I like the mounting on the lower control arm it looks stronger than the little peg on the XT, XTX.

Todd,
That would be cool if I could barrow on control arm and a shock for a little brain storming.
You got it. You can take what you want and give it a try.

·
Registered
105 Posts
You can but you must change uppers as well A shock change is needed and changing the top shock mounts we run this on our XTX so the same parts fit the XTZ & XTX (less crap to haul to the race) The XTZ rear arms are much stronger and don't twist with the new shock location.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you all move the rear shock location? Did it work? We have the front and rear off, the rear seems to be binding, compared to the front. (sorry about the wording, translation by daughter who doesn't know the proper words!) Thanks for the help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts