Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has any pics of their prowler with a lowered stock roll cage, I would like to see them an get some ideas of what i would like to do to mine.
Thank You

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
08 650xt

Here is mine cut down 4"

I had to cut down the ft window frame as well.
I took 2" off the top and 2" off the bottom of window frame.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you forgot to attach the pic

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i see nada also

·
Registered
28 Posts
i dont see any pictures either.

i was thinking about doing the same thing all last year going down the tight trails ect it would be to have the roll bar more tapered backword or lowered so trees will roll off the rollcage better. :)

-Aksnopro

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I unbolted the cage and laid it out on the table and measured from the bottom (where it sits on the prowler) up 4" all the way around. They are @ a angle so I used a cut off wheel so I was nice and straight and had original angles to work with.

Very easy job to lower the cage. Fitting my ft. glass was another story.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I talked to cat n hat about it, don't look like it would be hard. I mainly wanted to see some pics of other peoples work. The only problem i can see is cutting the full windshield down to fit. Ever cut one with a slit disk, works pretty good on plexiglass, just have to take your time then take a sander an finish the edges.

·
Registered
682 Posts
i cut mine down 5 inches and went to the woods in eastern tennessee this weekend. Got into some pretty crappy places. Never hit my top once, always before i krinkled my top in.

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
How easy was the lowering of the stock cage?? Did you just measure from the bottom up and cut of the 5 inches, or is it more complicated than that? What did you do for the v-bars in the middle? Thanks!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts