Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are going to lower your seats be sure to make them belt change friendly. Make your seat mounts so you can still slide the gas tank forward during a belt change. I ran into a small issue while changing a belt and luckily was able to just cut and weld some tabs to make the passenger seat brace removable. Just a heads up for you people who are thinking about lowering your seats :D Otherwise go for it!! Best thing I ever did to my XTZ so far!

·
Registered
491 Posts
great advice Brandon ! i also noticed that once the passenger was lowered that it was going to hinder changing the belt and i made the brackets removeble .

another thing i would recomend is to make sure you also relocate your seat belt mounts . remember just because you have seat belts it doesnt mean they are the correct geometry to keep you restrained in an accident ! .

·
Registered
463 Posts
I used the stock brackets to lower the seats so all of it is removable.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you know how to weld that helps for sure.. But I just used a little wirefeed welder and mine turned out fine.. I dont know why welding scares so many people? After it becomes second nature you will find yourself welding anything and everything instead of trying to bolt stuff up.. I learned by messing around with a friends dads welder when I was a kid..

On a another note very true about the seat belts you wanna make sure they are mounted correctly.. I cringe every time I see some bolted in with the wrong geometry in Glamis.. Seems to be like every other buggy out there. Nothing like messing up your spine in a simple roll over :eek:

·
Registered
463 Posts
I am not a welder by trade. But if you get a small 220 MIG welder and practice a little you can pick it up pretty easy. I would not by a 110 its to small to do alot of projects. And Brandon is right you will be weldin everything.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Can you guys post up more pics of this process??

I think someone also lowered the cowl and shifter instead of leaving it stock height.

More pics would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Sorry I was not allowed to take the camera to the garadge when I did mine. And the only pics I have now I dont know how to post.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
belts lowered

I put in shoulder belts from a xtz.
Thanks soazcat:)

I made the top shoulder mount adjustable for riders of different size:D

And lowered mounting point of lap belt to have 45* angle.
I used 1/4" x 2" flat bar welded to frame and lowered 3.5" from stock.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Yeah I really like the seat. Pretty wide though, the bolt for the seat-belt actually rubbed and ripped the corner of the seat already.
I wont have that issue now that I moved the mounting point below the seat pan.
It goes in and out pretty nice and the bolsters really hold you from moving around.

As far as $$ I don't know yet as the other one is still on back-order and the dealer has not charged me yet. They don't know with shipping what the final $$ will be.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts